October travel Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » October travel « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I are traveling in October. This is Spring and what would you suggest for clothing.....colors?

Thank you.

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 421

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey Gayle and welcome.
I suggest you do wear clothes. Argentina is somewhat of a conservative country and some would probably be offended if you did not wear any. The colors may very.

Of course, I am just kidding. Some of the answer to your question depends on where in Argentina are you traveling. If you go far south it could still be cold whereas Buenos Aries a light jacket and spring clothing like you would wear in most parts of the US in the spring would be sufficient. I am not much on the colors thing, maybe you can get some help from some of the ladies here on that.

Roberto and I were working on an October get together for folks here but I may not be able to do it. It is the middle of college football season. If it comes off maybe your family can join us.

Hasta luego

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cute Tom

Thanks for the info. We will be staying in Belgrano but doing a little bit of traveling around.

We would love to have an October get together if we can arrange dates. I just bought the Rosetta Stone language tapes and I am going to ATTEMPT to learn some Latin Spanish!

Hasta luego!

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 422

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A coincidence, I have just started studying with the Rosetta Stone tape. It seems like a good program.

Roberto set up a thread concerning the October get together but I lost track of it.

Hola Roberto, where is that thread por favor.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, yes Tom. It's here in Tours and Attractions. May be I should move somewhere else... Hopefully, all paperwork for the adoption of my step-daughter will be ready by then and we will be able to travel.

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 101

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gail. Interesting you asked about colors. When Tom wrote that they dress conservatively, he is accurate. Even down to colors. They wear mostly neutral colors--black, brown, beige, olive green, etc. Once in a while you will see red, however . . . a red knit shirt with dark slacks, a red jacket. If I dress accordingly, no one knows I am not Argentina (until I open my mouth!) Arial

adrian
Username: Adrianbalaba

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for that. How was everybody?

Deborah
Username: Debtravel

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Argentina is a very fashion conscious country, so it doesnīt matter what color you use, the point is how you wear it.... it's all about attitude!

Learning Spanish will be helpful, I took classes at a school I found on the internet amigospanish.com. Donīt forget to go shopping, there are very reasonable prices and you can't miss them!... (of course my husband prefered to stay at the hotel, but you can shop alone, it's easy and most sales people at the shopping malls speak English!)

Deb!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration