Mendoza and Cuyo - What else besides ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Mendoza and Cuyo - What else besides wine? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mona Manuel
Username: Mona_manuel

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto,

Can you talk about what activities there are to do in August Mendoza and in the Cuyo region other than visiting wineries?

I'm considering dropping the Patagonia portion of my trip and replacing it with a few days in this part of the country.

Can you also comment on whether it is sufficiently different from the northwest of Argentina to warrant four or five days? Or should I stick with visiting the Patagonian ski resort towns in August?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 411
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mendoza is sufficiently different to any other state to warrant a dedicated trip. It is specially different from the northwest, like the rest of Argentina, when you consider that Jujuy and to a lesser extent Salta, have had strong influence from the Incaic culture.

One thing you may want to explore in Mendoza is the resort 'Las Lenas', where there is activity all year round and during August offers great skiing. There is a member in this forum by the name of Anabtawi who caters to Mendoza visitors and may provide more information if he reads this topic...

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi. In Mendoza, besides the wine, the Andes mountains, skiing, and the beautiful city of Mendoza, the only thing left to do is to stay at the Quinta Anabtawi.
Check it out: www.ranabtawi.com

Cheers
Riyad

Mona Manuel
Username: Mona_manuel

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Riyad,

I tried contacting you at the Yahoo address listed on your website, but the message bounced back to me!

Do you have another e-mail address?

Riyad Anabtawi

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mona
Send me an inquiry on my rates page at
http://www.ranabtawi.com/rates.shtml
Thanks!
And thanks to Roberto for this wonderful forum!

Eunice Venables
Username: Ojosverde

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola:

Can anyone tell me what the weather would be like in Mendoza from Oct thru April?
Approx. temperatures......
Anyone have anything on rentals?
Furnished houses, etc. Prices etc.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 491
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Historical data for weather in Mendoza

Current Mendoza weather

Also, you can check this Cuyo page...

(Message edited by admin on May 31, 2006)

Riyad Anabtawi

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Eunice..
I am in Mendoza and I have a lovely place (8000m2 of land) for rent
Check it out at
www.ranabtawi.com
All the info is there on my website, with rates and a way to write to me from there.
As for the weather during that period, well you are covering a wide range, which takes you from spring(Oct) till summer and back again to almost Autumn..
The weather is gorgeous from November onwards, and gets hot in the summer, but my place is a bit more cooler than downtown Mendoza, plus you have the fabulous pool to frollick in..
Cheers

Paula Knott
Username: Wrongdog

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
I am visiting Santaigo for 3 days in January from Buenos A to Mendoza by air, then to Santiago by bus over the Andes, I am looking for somewhere to stay outside Santaigo on a Winery - don't like the look of Casa Real, liked the look of Casa Tarapaca - but cannot contact them - any other ideas?
We also would like to hire a car from Santiago and then drop it at Curico or Talca as we are getting the overnight train to Osorno via Temuco before continuing onto Bariloche by bus..... Will this be possible ( car hire....)
Hope you can help.
Paula :-))

Rob Parker
Username: Rparker

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Visiting Argentina for latter half of January..would like to fly to Mendoza from BA, rent a car, wend our way by car to Bariloche, turn car in and fly back to BA. Need info especially from anyone who's done it, on road quality and safety, sightseeing and recreation (flyfishing) opportunities, availability of gas, food, accommodation en route (we'd rather not make reservations, just stop when we've had enough for one day...figuring (hopefully) on a couple of days in Mendoza, 3 days en route, 2 days in Bariloche.....any wise words from anyone? Great site by the way, and helpful administrators..Rob Parker

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration