"hip" places to stay in argentina... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » "hip" places to stay in argentina « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Abraham Rubin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello- thanks very much for the quick, useful reply to my other thread, roberto! I will probably keep posting questions until you tell me to stop ... I am under the impression that Buenos Aires will be somewhat deserted when I go in a few days, because everyone is on holiday at the beaches? Is this true? I am relatively young, and I like going to discos and such- what neighborhood should I stay in Buenos Aires? Also, which beach area should I check out?

thanks again,
Abraham

Roberto (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Abraham, we are happy to have you here. Keep questions coming!

Buenos aires is NEVER deserted. The City itself has over 3 1/2 million people and after counting Great Buenos Aires the amount of habitants rises to over 11 million. True, during Holidays the City of Buenos Aires is a LOT more comfortable. For one, there are less cars to worry about, less traffic jams and less nervous people to deal with. Not everyone is out at the beaches. Many argentines travel abroad and a good deal travel to other argentine destinations besides the beaches. At this time of the year, Buenos Aires may only be deserted from its prettiest women... but don't lose hope. See below.

In Buenos Aires, check out 'Tequila' disco/pub (Av. Costanera y La Pampa). Many cool pubs in Palermo Hollywood neighborhood. Also, some nice action in Las Caņitas (Mambobar). The happy hours crowd gathers in pubs in the Retiro neighborhood across Reconquista and Paraguay... Many cool pubs for early drinking, office style (Deep Blue, etc.). And don't forget to hang out in La Recoleta (New Shampoo - Quintana 362). A few more: 'El Living' in Marcelo T. De Alvear 1540 and Pacha disco in Av. Costanera Norte y La Pampa.

Check out some of the Discos in Paseo de la Infanta Isabel st. ("Buenos Aires News" for a bit older crowd) . For some weird action visit 'Kim Novak' in Godoy Cruz street after midnight. Action may start around 2 am even during weekdays. If you are into salsa dancing, check Guantanamera cafe for a recreation of La Havana (sort of) in Puerto Madero (Alicia Moreau de Justo 2092). Also in Puerto Madero take a look at Opera Bay (Cecilia Grierson 225). Some underground stuff in 'Big One' (Alsina 960).

You might be able to pick some women in some of the shopping malls, like Alto Palermo, Patio Bullrich and Galeria Pacifico.

Finally, for some celtic / irish pub stuff check out 'The Shamrock' at Rodriguez Peņa 1220.

As for which beaches you must visit, you can hop from one to the other since they are relatively close. We used to do this with friends when spending vacation time at the beaches. If we saw no action in one, it was time to hit the road. I personally like smaller beaches like Villa Gessel. For a little more sophistication I would also check Pinamar. Other than these two, you may end up in more family oriented beaches (Valeria del Mar, Miramar, etc.) which may be less attractive to you.

If you have the time, I would also consider crossing Rio de La Plata to check out Punta del Este in Uruguay. You will definitely see a different environment over there and perhaps some more action too... or at least a different type of action.

Upon returning, drop us a line with your feedback from your Buenos Aires night experience. some of the above may be out of date.

Rushdene
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

My wife and I are travelling to Buenois Aires from South Africa on the 2 March 2005.

Soon after the 4 March 2005, we would like to embark on a trip to El Califate (for 1 day to view the Perito Glacier) and to Bariloche (for 2 days). From Barloche we would like to travel across the Andes and lakes to Puerto Montt in Chile and back to Bariloche (then fly back to Buenos Aires), or possibly fly from Puerto Montt (or Santiago) back to Buenos Aires?

Can you please advise of a packaged price, including flights from and to Buenos Aires. Please also send a detailed itinary of the tour.

Breakfast and transfer to and from the airports must be included.
Hotel standard can be 2 or 3 star.

Please also provide your physical address in Buenos Aires.

Thank you.

RR
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Nazlie, we just emailed you :-)

Cheryl
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Message was moved here Apartments in Buenos Aires

(Message edited by admin on April 03, 2005)

Tony Amante Schepers
Username: Tonyschep

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The East-side of BA seems to have more entertainment, night life, museums, aristocratic people, things to do, ect ect. What is in store for me in the middle/West-end of town? Barrios such as Flores, Monte Castro, Mataderos, ect?

I'm just wondering where it would be most worthwhile for a 22 year-old male from the US who speaks spanish and wants to try new things to live (without spending a fortune).

~Tony

Abraham Rubin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration