When to buy plane tickets? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » When to buy plane tickets? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert W
Username: Rwalker206

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone. My girlfriend and I are planning a month-long trip to Argentina (probably fly into B.A.?) from the US in December, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how long in advance to purchase tickets to get the best price? I know this is not an exact science, and no one can truly predict anything, but maybe there are trends? Like: It's best not to buy tickets more than 6, 4, 3 months in advance, or something like that? Anyone noticed any other trends to look out for when looking for tickets? Or tips as to where to buy them, a great new ticket site or something?

Hope all are well! :-)

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, It's my understanding that your mother owns a travel agency. At the moment I don't have exact dates for my girlfriend to fly into Miami but it will be most likely the last week of May or early June. She will need a round trip ticket but the return doesn't matter since she is staying permenantly with a K-1 visa as my fiance, once that is done with then I can come up with a date. Awaiting the interview now within the next 5 business days. I have been going to fly.com to search for airfare, but it could be possible your mother can find a better deal. Let me know what I am looking at as far as airfare. Thanks

Carlos Gelbart
Username: Buellwinkle

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't see airfares fluctuate that much, maybe a low of $825 to a high of $865 from L.A. for the dates we selected. We booked about 2 months in advance and we had a good choice of seats where we sat side by side, window/isle. Maybe if you book last minute you may sit in the middle section of a 777 and it's not as good. I did notice airfares in summer were more expensive than the fall we went in.

Use a flight search engine like kayak.com to ferret out the best deal. We used TravelAdvisor.com's fare notification feature to tell us when the fare dropped and then we jumped on it.

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carlos, try Fly.com they have great fares..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration