Travel from Mendoza to San Juan Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Travel from Mendoza to San Juan « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you know how long it would take to travel by car from Mendoza to San Juan and the Parque Nacional Talampaya, Ischigualasto and Angualasto? Could that be a reasonable day trip to see all that if we started out really early and spent the entire day travelling and sightseeing?
Thanks

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Riyad, the Mendoza-San juan ride should be very short and easy. San Juan is approx. 160km away from Mendoza (between cities).

Talampaya national park is actually in another province (La Rioja) and the standard tours may take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. Ischigualasto, in turn, is located within San Juan but about 330 km from the capital so it is a fairly long ride. Angualasto is about 230 km, another fairly long ride...

I really, really doubt that your group will be happy by spending all this time inside a car. There is no way you can visit these 3 areas of interest in one day. In my opinion, not even one destination if you take into account the 1 to 3 hours you may want to spend on location.

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, thanks so much for the info.
As for the temperatures I was told very high(50C) in the summer right? Would that be uncomfortable or maybe not since we'll spending most of the time in an airconditioned car?

Cheers

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 311
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Riyad, you can fried eggs under the sun if it were 50 C. I think there might be times when it can get hot but you will more likely find dry conditions that may soften the blow. The highest temperature ever recorded in the city of San Juan was 40C during one November. The average high is about 33C. But I do not really know about the national parks. I think ya'll survive :-)

Carole Jordan
Username: Bonjor

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is the state of the tren las nubes? What is the best way to get from Salta to La Paz?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carole, re: Tren de las nubes > I would forget about it for now. If you can speak any spanish you can contact the bus terminal in Salta and they will tell exactly which lines cross into Bolivia.

Bus station in Salta
Hipólito Irigoyen 339, Salta. Phone: (387) 431-5227
From the US you must add 011-54

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration