Major Roads of Palermo SOHO, Buenos A... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Major Roads of Palermo SOHO, Buenos Aires? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

spa
Username: Spachick

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Major Points Areas of Palermo, Buenos Aires?
I am staying in Palermo Soho.
Could you tell me what the main fun streets are ie: Sante Fe, Honduras etc? Also could you tell me what streets have discount shopping (no high priced designer stuff) and what streets in Palermo have the cool clubs for those in their 30s, 40's. Thanks. PS How do you find out about clubs/discos in Palermo.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1919
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spachick, I think the areas could be spread a little so walking might be the way to go. For example, you can spend time at the flea markets located at:

Niceto Vega y Dorrego (I think Dorrego 1600)
Armenia y Costa Rica (Plaza Palermo viejo)

But then pubs and restaurants may be packed in another area of Soho. I do not know enough to pinpoint discount shopping in this area. I wouldn't be surprised if there really isn't any as designer clothing took over. As for clubbing that is out my realm but I am sure there is a lot happening. If I find out something through my cousins I will post it here.

Brett Jones
Username: Brettski

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I lived locally to the park at Costa Rica and the weekend market there is really crafty personal items for tourists, whereas the mercado de las pulgas on Dorrego is furniture/household based and for me much more interesting. Bars/restaurants/clubs/boutiques are all around Plaza Costa Rica and environs and heading towards Plaza Dorrego, which is very busy with bars, restaurants and street vendors with craft based stuff and a couple of cheap, low quality clothes shops. The outlet stores are a few blocks further out, on Cordoba and sell all the brands you already know.
This area of Palermo Soho is high density eateries, nightlife and shopping. There are cool bars etc in Palermo Hollywood too, but I don't know it so well and don't like it so much, but that's just me.
Hope this helps.

spa
Username: Spachick

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your assistance gentlemen, I do appreciate it.

Spa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration