Choripán in Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Choripán in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

spa
Username: Spachick

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 5:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where is the best place to get Choripan in Buenos Aires? Or perhaps just your favorite low cost place to get Choripan?
It would help if included were specific names and/or locations and/or landmarks.
Thank you,
Spa

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1905
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are probably a gazillion places just out of your door, but if I were to go to a place with my friends I would pick Costanera Sur, past Puerto Madero. Right off the river or you can choose one of the restaurants in the area. But I think the carts on the sidewalk will be more fun.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1906
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I forgot to add... this is 'tradition' locally, I mean a choripan in La Costanera!

spa

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I keep hearing about these carts but I didn't see them yesterday.
I was in Puerto Madera. I walked along that main street (closer to the city) that is on the other side of that wonderful looking bridge-Puente de la mujer. The street where they converted all the old warehouses into restaurants and a huge University along the river. I even crossed over a bridge near the end, walked alllll the way down to a park where everyone was hanging out for a festival. And no carts.
Walked back on the opposite side of the river where the fancy hotels where. Nada. Help!
Would you be so kind as to give me some intersections, or points of interest to help guide me?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh... you should get to the where the river is, by the end of any road. THAT is the costanera. It is the street/road that stretches along the river. Try shooting for the "reserva ecologica". You can either enter costanera/puerto madero through Juan D. Peron or Belgrano Av or the last entrance EEUU ave. I would just go through JD Peron all the way to the end (river) and then turn right on Costanera. You will see them on the sidewalk. You need to get here:

Costanera

(Message edited by admin on August 30, 2009)

spa

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So if I take av. Belgrano and cross over the bridge there in Puerto Madero. Go past Olga Cosen tina Plaza, go past Av. Int Hermann, I should see them?

Alejandro Fretes
Username: Afretes

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

All this talk about choripáns are giving me a huge craving!!! Choripán with chimichurri and a Quilmes mmmmmmm!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration