Where to go? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Where to go? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fiona Pudge
Username: Fio123

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, my friend and I are planning a trip to Argentina from Mid August to mid Sept. We are two 21 yr olds who are very active, riding walking etc. I believe the northern territories will be warmer but what about areas such as Mendoza? Also if were to focus mainly on cities such as Salta etc is it safe with plenty to do?

I would love as much information as possible, as i have been told Argentina is an amazing place to visit and I want to make sure we are going to make the most of it!

Fi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1877
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Fiona and welcome! About things to do in Salta, that will depend on your likes. Yes, many things to do in the beautiful city and much more in the nearby areas but remember, part of the province belongs to the altiplano region and is very desert and very high and can still get very cold. As for the city, it is really worth visiting as it is the only one in Argentina that has enforced specific real estate zoning codes to maintain the colonial times facades.

Spring starts in Sept 21st. You should expect some cold weather in Mendoza around mid August. I think the northern territories can be an interesting choice if you enjoy hiking and riding, specially if you are attracted to other aspects of the argentine culture such as traditional folk music like chacareras and similar. This part of Argentina is rich in history as it was a passage to the west towards the peruvian settlements back in the days of the Conquistadores.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration