Money Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Money « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sean cahoon
Username: Sean123456

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a first time traveler. How should I bring money to argentina? If I use american express travelers checks, where can i leave them if I rent an apartment in BA. Hide them in my apartment? Where can I exchange them for Argentine Pesos?

Gabriela
Username: Gabyrink

Post Number: 19

Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The best way I found to deal with money in Argentina is to carry a debit card. Of course you'll have to pay a small fee for the convenience (just as you do in the States.) Note: some places do not accept American Express traveler checks.

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 106
Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since you don't have an banking account with a local bank there, the place to exchange your money to Argentine pesos is in a Casa de Cambio (make sure you have your passport when exhanging). If you haven't arrived yet, as soon as you pass through Customs at the airport at the right hand side there is a bank there where you can exchange without any problems. I would exchange as several hundred dollars so you can immediately have Argentine pesos. Get the pesos there not in the USA or outside of Argentina, you will get a better exchange rate.

To hide the funds do that in apartment you might be renting, a good place to hide it is if you have a pair of sneakers, pick -up the in-sole and flatly hide the money. If you want then just place a pair of socks in the sneakers. That is what I do.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration