Argentina travel Nov 14-30 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Argentina travel Nov 14-30 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marisa Bursett
Username: Marisa

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This forum is awesome! Thank you so much for the help it has already provided.

My husband and I arrive in BA on the morning of the 14th and leave BA on the 30th. We want to visit BA, Iguazu, Mendoza, Bariloche, Calafate, and Ushuaia, and if possible go whale watching. Is this realistic? Here is what we were thinking.

BA -> Iguazu (2 nights) by air
Iguazu -> Mendoza (4 nights) by air
Mendoza -> Bariloche (2 nights) by bus
Bariloche -> Calafate (2 nights) by bus
Calafate -> Ushuaia (or Peninsula Valdez) (2 nights) by bus
Ushuaia -> BA (3 nights) by air

I'm guessing that you're going to tell me that this is too aggressive and/or unrealistic, so what would you suggest cutting out and/or shortening? We love the outdoors, nature and hiking, but we also love good food, wine and exploring cities. I was hoping to take overnight buses (some of the time) to be as efficient as possible with our time. Would that be the most efficient?

I contacted LAN and they do an Air Pass that offers discounted tickets if you fly on any three of their legs during your visit (in almost all, if not all, cases you have to catch a connecting flight in BA). Is this adviseable or would you recommend going through a travel agent instead? To save money we'll probably have to do a combination of bus and air travel.

Thank you so much for all of your help, we really appreciate it. The trip is coming up soon so we'd like to get all the transportation arranged, or at least figured out before we arrive.

Thanks again,
Marisa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration