Day trip from Iguazu Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Day trip from Iguazu « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sophia Sansone
Username: Sophia

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are spending three nights in Iguazu and I was wondering if it is possible to do a day trip to the Jesuit missions. Is it possible to set this kind of trip up once you are at Iguazu and is it very expensive? Or would there be something else better to do? Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Robert Alexander
Username: Imaginearg

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absolutely, Sophia -

A full-day trip to San Ignacio Mini is a common excursion from Iguazu Falls. There, you will find some of the oldest ruins of Jesuit missions in the Misiones province. Before your visit, I recommend you watch "The Mission" with Robert Deniro to appreciate the local history.

In addition, it is easy to visit Wanda Jewel Mines, a popular spot for finding semi-precious stones.

I'm sure you can find local tour companies in the area willing to help you if you are seeking just this tour.

-R. Wade Alexander

Marie Bueche
Username: Ree

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow! Just got done watching "The Mission". Very sad but I'm glad I watched it. We've been watching all sorts of movies about Argentina. I'm beginning to wonder if any of them are happy. Yesterday we watched "The Official Story" and tomorrow, "Apartment Zero". Thanks again for the help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration