Yellow Fever Vaccination Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Yellow Fever Vaccination « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ana
Username: Magdalena

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info Roberto- I've decided it makes more financial sense to go to Uruguay- does anybody know how to find out information on where to get the yellow fever vaccine for free in Buenos Aires? I know I can pay 130 pesos and get it at a hospital but I've heard there are places you can get it for free.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ana, not sure how up to date this information is but you can call or check... Can you read spanish? Oh.. I think Arial suggested also the trip to Uruguay (thanks).

* GRATUITAMENTE, se vacuna contra la Fiebre Amarilla en la Dirección de Sanidad de Fronteras y Terminales de Transportes.
* La Dirección funciona (en Buenos Aires) en Ingeniero Huergo 690, San Telmo. TE: 4343-1190
* La vacunación son los martes y miercoles de 11:00 a 12:00 horas. y los jueves y viernes de 16:00 a 17:00 horas
* Hay que llevar DNI o pasaporte y una jeringa descartable de 1 cc.

If possible, could you please report on this forum if this happened to be the right information or if it needs to be corrected?

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 201

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is news to me. I just did an Internet search that said Uruguay is not a risk for yellow fever. Some parts of the far north of Argentina could have risk in the jungle, (Iguazu, northern Salta, etc.)

Why are you looking for a yellow fever vaccination before going to Uruguay?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1646
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

As Arial mentioned, Uruguay is not in the list of regions that pose any risk. I thought it was a general question... The areas to focus on are:

Misiones, Formosa, Chaco, Corrientes, Salta and Jujuy. In particular towns that are bordering Bolivia, Paraguay and Brasil.

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 202

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe it was a general question, Roberto. She mentioned Uruguay and asked about the yellow fever vaccine and so that was what I thought.

But if she is going north later, maybe it's a good idea. I wouldn't do it but . . . maybe we should.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration