Semester In Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Semester In Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Derek
Username: Derek

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello

I am going to Buenos Aires for my next semester at the University of Belgrano. I am hoping to travel as much as possible, but being a student I have a limited budget. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on where I have to go and the cheapest way to do it.

I already have trips scheduled to Iguazu, El Tigre and Colonia del Sacramento. But I have never been to South America and want to cover as much ground as possible. Unfortuantly I will still have to attend classes so a week long excursion is unlikely. Is going to Brazil, Machu Pichu and Patagonia realistic?

One other question, When is soccer season in Argentina. I am a soccer fan and hope to see some matches while I am there.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Derek
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Derek and welcome!

Long distance buses are cheap (for now). You can defintely do Iguazu by bus and save. Colonia is inexpensive and can be done in a day or overnight. Tigre can be a weekend escapade, north of the city. I'd say no to Machu Pichu unless you can devote a full 5 to 7 days. Just the Inca trail may take you 3 days of hiking. You can definitely do Patagonia in a few days -leaving Friday afternoon and returning a Sunday- but in this case it will be best to fly if you do not have too much time to spare. And I am afraid this will also be very expensive (except Ushuaia).

There are many, many places that you can visit that are closer to Buenos Aires and are not in anyone's agenda. One example, the town of San Pedro, north of Buenos Aires city. You can also visit Bahia Blanca, Rosario, south of Cordoba, etc. All short trips that you can do by bus or train.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration