Travel from Bariloche to El Calafate ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Travel from Bariloche to El Calafate in June « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan A Vitek
Username: Avitek

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is the best way to get from Bariloche to Calafate in June? I have done some research and found that there is only one flight per week... Is this true? How long would it take to bus between the two? Are buses even available? Is there enough to do in Calafate in June? I image it is more beautiful in winter than in summer, but I get the impression most businesses shut down during the winter. Any adivce is appreciated. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Alan, yes, some businesses do shut down for the winter but is not that bad. Tours -weather permitting- continue as usual. Ranches may remain open ONLY for visiting, not for stay. You also have to take into account very short days.

The trip Bariloche-Calafate is long, about 1200 miles. In addition, the journey involves some rough roads so it is also slow. Off my head, I do not think there are buses doing this because of the state of the roads and definitely not during winter but I will report later if that isn't the case. Perhaps there is a bus to Rio Gallegos and then another one to Calafate... an ordeal. I still think that flying is the best. I believe there is more than just 1 flight per week, perhaps as much as two. Not every day. Best to contact Aerolineas.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration