Question for Roberto Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Question for Roberto « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gloria Melgar Estevez
Username: Glorita

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto., I need to know if you are the travel agent for this forum. I need help guiding the CEO of my husband work(PEP BOYS Auto Parts) on traveling to Argentina. He wants to go to Bariloche and maybe other places and since my husband is from Argentina, he is asking him about it. I'm wondering if I could possibly pass you his name and number and you can contact him. Or, if not you,someone you could recommend. Thanks in advance. Gloria

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1466
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gloria, thank you for thinking highly of us. Erna, my mother, is. Her office is located in downtown Buenos Aires. She is also the owner of this site but never participates here although there are some pictures of her here and here.

Feel free to email me, pm or post the contact information for the potential client without any kind of commitments. A consultation to learn more is just fine even if he ends up somewhere else... Also, I would like to add that this is an open forum and other agents are invited to participate, or if anyone has had a good (honest) experience do not be afraid to post it here. Number one on the list is that visitors to Argentina get the best!

Gloria Melgar Estevez

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, thanks so much! To send you a private message, I click on your name and post where it says send private message, right?...I have never posted to anyone, so I'm guessing this is hooked up to one's private e-mail. Tonight when my husband gets home, I will have him e-mail you.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gloria, yes, that is how you do it. Or you can always fill this form. We will all read the message.

Gloria Melgar Estevez

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto. I just talked to my husband about relating his boss e-mail to this forum. My husband is not so sure if he wants me to do this before consulting with his boss. He is going to let me e-mail him and explain some of the excellent information on this site and tell him to personally come on here and get the information. I think this forum is a wealth of information to get informed on traveling in Argentina. I truly don't use the forum for more then talking economic happenings, but today I viewed some of the travel tips on here and it is impressive, so I think him coming here and reading up on what he wants to do while in Argentina is best. My husband will pass on your mom's traveling agency information via fax tomorrow to him. Thanks a million and keep up the excellent work!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gloria, I think that is the best :-)

Btw, when I said 'we will all read the message' I meant Erna and myself. The form gets to me and her.

Roderick
Username: Roderick

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto;

I am coming to Buenos Aires in February for a month and was think that I might go and visit some friends in Brasil. I am a Canadian and I need a tourist visa to go to Brasil. Do you know the best way to get one in Beunos Aires if I decide to go to Brasil.

Thanks so much!!

Roderick

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1515
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roderick, I will try to find the answer to this tomorrow...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roderick, a visa done in Buenos Aires may go for usd $130. You must request it at the Consulate of Brazil in BA. Here is the information

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

I had read something about the purchase of art and taking it out of Argentina. I bought a inexpensive painting in La Boca, it's a oil painting of Caminito with tango dancers in front. Will I have any problems at EZE when leaving? There was some mention about paintings which I can't find in the forum.

Thanks
Michael

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Im not Roberto but I do have experience in the transporting of paintings. I just recently traveled to the U.S. (about 2months ago) and I had issues with transporting paintings. Aduana claims that the oils and canvas are of argentine resource and therefore are taxable and need representation (i.e. documentation). Also, that the work of an Argentine artist its self is due a tax on his own work.

Number 1, you must have a document that registers the painting as an official piece of work with the Ministry of Culture and blau,blau, blau.
Number 2, the document that you get from the ministry must by apostilled to authenticate the notary of the ministry.
Number 3, I would have a recipt of the purchase and its origen etc..
Number 4, Honestly pray that, the above three, will do the trick.

I took out a 1.0meter x 1.5meter painting as was stopped. These are the things that were stated to me by the officers. I happened to get away with it, as I played stupid, but Im going to guess that my luck will not continue if I proceed to do it more than once.

The first paragraph was describe in a 30min fight that I had with the Aduana in the airport (ezeiza).

fell free to contact me, I can help you will the apostille etc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration