Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Medical emergencies « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please share any advice for those who are staying in Buenos Aires or any other argentine destination on a temporary basis (short stay, tourists, etc).

ROSEMARY TAIT
Username: Romeytait

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We will be staying in an apartment in Palermo. In the event one of us (seniors) had a heart attack or a stroke how would we get help. We don't speak Spanish and won't have a car.
Romey

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1450
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can you share the exact address? I will then post the closest public hospital as one alternative. But there may be other options as well...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Got your message, you are close to Sanatorio Mater Dei and Hospital Aleman. I understand that clinics / hospitals may not serve your purpose but these two may have some kind of service that you can call where you can receive immediate medical attention. Do you own any american express card? I will do some research in the coming days to see if AMEX argentina offers foreigners some kind of assistance for cases like yours.

In case you need this... Mater Dei does have a service for medical emergencies you can contact at anytime. Both my sister and my mother were treated there for their cancers so I am familiar with their doctors and personnel and highly recommend them. If you want information on ambulances and the like it will take me a few days.

Mater Dei emergencies contact: Dr. Enrique Echagüe.
Lobby / ground floor
Phone: 4809-5595 or 4809-5555, extension 093.
Hours: 7 X 24

(Message edited by admin on January 19, 2008)

WTMendoza.com
Intermediate Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 106

Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

In Mendoza , surely like BA (I'm curious?), if you don't specify to the ambulance personnel which place to be brought to, you will most likely be brought to the public Hospital Central de Mendoza. Of course, many times one is unable to instruct where to be taken because of ,well, maybe being unconscious. So one could wear “dog tags” with instructions, or make sure your travel partner (if you have one) knows your plan.,

In Mendoza the best hospitals for medical emergencies are Hospital Espanol and Clinico de Cuyo.

Hospital Central, the public hospital, is like most public hospitals in Argentina, very well intended, but usually lacking in maybe some key equipment and/or personnel, which may or may not deprive your situation.

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is excellent medical care in Argentina. I have had friends who got sick in BA while visting. One friend went to Sanotorio Trinidad and received care and it cost something nominal.
Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration