Transportation in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Transportation in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This always comes handy...

BUSES
--------
TERMINAL DE OMNIBUS DE RETIRO 4310-0700
CONSULTAS Y RECLAMOS 0800-333-0300

TRAINS
----------
LÍNEA SARMIENTO 0800-333-3822
LÍNEA MITRE 4317-4407 / 0800-333-3822
LÍNEA GRAL. BELGRANO SUR 0800-666-358736
LÍNEA ROCA 0800-666-358736
LÍNEA SAN MARTÍN 0800-666-358736
LÍNEA BELGRANO NORTE 4511-8833
LÍNEA URQUIZA 0800-555-1616
TREN DE LA COSTA 4732-600/6300

DOMESTIC AIRLINES
-------------------------------
AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS Perú 2. 4340-7777
AUSTRAL LINEAS AEREAS Paraná 590
San Martín 427 4340-7777
DINAR S.A. Av. Roque Sáenz Peña 933 4327-2244
4325-3576 (para charters)
KAIKEN Av. de Mayo 580 6º P. 4334-9510
L.A.E.R. Maipú 935 P.B. 4311-5237
LADE Perú 714 4361-0853
LAPA Carlos Pellegrini 1075 4819-5272
SOUTHERN WINGS Florida 868 13º P. 4312-2811

INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES
----------------------------------
AEROFLOT Av. Santa Fe 816 4312-5573
AEROPERU Av. Santa Fe 840 4311-4115
Air France Paraguay 610 14º P. 4317-4747
ALITALIA Suipacha 1111 28º P. 4310-9910
AMERICAN AIRLINES Av. Santa Fe 881 4318-1111
AVIANCA Carlos Pellegrini 1163 4º 4322-2731
BRITISH AIRWAYS Av. Córdoba 650 4320-6600
CANADIAN AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL Av. Córdoba 656 4322-3632
CUBANA DE AVIACION Sarmiento 552 11º P. - 4326-5291/92
ECUATORIANA Santa Fe 784 4312-8520
IBERIA Carlos Pellegrini 1163 1º y 3º 4326-5082
KLM Administración: Reconquista 559 5º
Ezeiza: Espigón Internacional 1º Piso Sector A OF. 12 4312-1200/2660 - 4314-9564 - 4480-9470/7
LAN CHILE Paraguay 609 4311-5334
LLOYD AEREO BOLIVIANO Carlos Pellegrini 141. 4326-4657
LUFTHANSA Marcelo T. de Alvear 636 P.B. 4319-0600
MALAYSAI AIRILINES Suipacha 1111 14º P 4312-6971
MEXICANA DE AVIACION Av. Córdoba 755 1º 4312-6152
PLUNA Florida 1 4342-7000
SOUTH AFRICA AIRWAYS Av. Santa Fe 794 3ºP 4311-8184
SWISSAIR Av. Santa Fe 846 1º 4319-0000
TAM Cerrito 1026 4816-1000
TRANSBRASIL Florida 780 1º P. 4394-8424
UNITED AIRLINES Av. Madero 900 9 P.Torre catalinas Plaza. 4316-0777
VARIG Carabelas 344 4329-9211
VASP Av. Santa Fe 784 4312-8520

PRIVATE AIRLINE COMPANIES
------------------------------------
AERONAUTICA Tacuarí 131 4334-1013
AMERICAN JET Aeroparque 4775-5436
FEDERAL AVIATION 4345-5555
HAWKAIR Jean Jaures 834 4962-7130
HELYJET Esmeralda320 4322-9100
TARSA Aerp. Newbery 4770-3043

William (Bill) Sawyer (Geologist4junocom)
Username: Geologist4junocom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,
Hello, how much of your country can be visited by rail. I didnt know if it is possible to make a tour of the country in this manner.
Thanks,
Bill

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, I'd say you can safely go to specific places by train but if you are thinking on some kind of argentine *eurorail or europass*, forget about it. When traveling by train some trips (Buenos Aires - Mendoza, Buenos Aires - Bariloche, etc) are guaranteed to be very nice but you are never sure when will you get to destination. Railroads have suffered continuous underinvestment, so a good dose of adventurous spirit may be required to put up with the potential setbacks.

Having said this, there are some interesting, non-traditional choices that you may want to investigate further, such as 'Tren de las nubes' in Salta, 'Tren del fin del mundo' in Ushuaia and 'Tren de trocha angosta' in El Bolson, although the latter may be out of service. Lastly, most people prefer to travel by bus within Argentina. There are some new sleeping coaches that are fairly inexpensive and even have light hostess service (lunch, dinner, etc). This should tell you something...

Barb Bach
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

Is it possible to obtain a air pass in
Argentina without entering the country on Aerolinas?

We hope to travel from Buenos Aires to Mendoza to Iguaza Falls and return to Buenos Aires by doing independent travel.

roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Barb, welcome to our forums!

I also got your email but I figured it will be better to post the information here.

1. An airpass to be used within Argentina can ONLY be purchased abroad. So the answer is YES. You should contact your closest argentine airlines office OR any travel agent in any region of the world should be able to help you with this. All they need to do is to book it using their reservations system, whether it is SABRE, AMADEUS or GALILEO...

2. Yes, you can use your air passes for this type of travel, however, make sure with your agent that your coupons don't get wasted. I have seen occasions when passengers thought they had three or four legs available and realized one of the legs had been used for a flight connection through Buenos Aires.

Problem is that most inland flights connect through Buenos Aires as a central hub and that this flight gets counted as a leg. More often than not, passengers using air passes within Argentina DO NOT save any money, or at least a considerable amount.

Hope this helps.

Dannyboy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Roberto,
Is it cheaper using an Airpass with Aerolineas or to buy tickets with Southernwinds airline?
Moreover, I'm arriving in BA with Air Canada with a free ticket obtained buy airmiles program. Can I book an airpass with Aerolineas even if I didn't buy,in the same time,an International ticket. Thanks in advance.

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dannyboy, let me check on this tomorrow morning. You'll have an answer on this thread by then...

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dannyboy, airpasses can only be purchased through AR but you do not have to purchase the international ticket with them in order to apply for an airpass. The only requisite is that you buy them abroad.

Southernwinds is an almost bankrupt company and we haven't been doing business with them. This does not mean that you can't get your tickets with them, just that we do not have an opinion and would not know if single domestic tickets with them are cheaper than AR airpasses. For the record, we have been calling them this morning (noon) and there is still noone at their offices...

Remember, an airpass is an open ticket. You will still have to book times and dates of departure. Flights -at present- are pretty packed anywhere you go because of the turist boom. If you follow this strategy, you may end up paying a higher cost if you get stuck in a place because there are no seats available in flights you were wishing to book. Just a thought.

Danny
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Roberto,
I'm wondering when do I need to book for an Airpass if I'm leaving for Argentina the 9th March 2006. Do you have an idea of the price I sould pay for a 5 coupons flight? Is it possible for foreigner to pay in AR$ or if all the prices are in US$?
Thanks in advance, you're very helpfull,
Danny

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Danny, I got some more information today.
I was just on the phone with our team in Buenos Aires. It is probably a bit too early for buying coupons but since you will need to deal with your local Argentine Airlines (AR) office anyway, you should ask them directly.

Here is how it works:

1) To buy an airpass (only from AR at the moment) you must purchase your international ticket with them (we were told by their Buenos Aires office today).

2) Pricing is per leg. Each leg is a coupon. For example, the Buenos Aires-Iguazu coupon (one way) costs USD $150 + taxes. The return -another coupon- costs the same. And so on. You can thus customize your flight itinerary.

3) There are NO refunds if you don't/can't travel.

4) Once purchased, you cannot change your routes.

5) You must book the entire route (all coupons) at the same time. And this must be done at your closest AR office.

I honestly don't see how this will be more convenient than just buying your entire flight itinerary with a travel agent. This looks to have many limitations and drawbacks.

This is as much information as I could get. I think your best course of action will be to call AR where you are...

James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

As a first-timer to Argentina, I'd like to know if it's advisable to see Argentina by car (rental). Also what is the average petro (gasoline) price in Argentina lately? Thanks for your feedback.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 167
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello James, driving through Argentina can be a GREAT experience, provided you allow enough time and room for the unknown. Argentina's diverse geography and climate is ideal for someone who takes the time to explore all regions from patagonia to the 'valle calchaquies' in northwest Argentina. However, anyone trying to accomplish this must take a few things into consideration:

- Argentina is largely unpopulated, thus expect long drives without any kind of civilization around. All trips MUST be carefully prepared.
- The state of the roads varies greatly and some regions will just have pebble roads, therefore good, sturdy transportation is need.

In addition, we (argentines) drive differently than say, the americans. In America, pedestrians always have right of way. In Argentina, cars have it so this changes the rules of the game greatly. And I am leaving aside that there is no such a thing as tailgating (it is not seeing as being rude) or driving carefully. The concept of safe driving where cars are all aligned one after another just does not exist.

So you can venture driving down here but should expect a bit of an adventure. The current gas price is approximately $2 pesos per liter.

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everyone!

Planning to spend 19 days in Argentina this coming December

Roberto you mentioned back in January that some buses have spleeping option. We plan to go from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and back to the Capital during this period. Do you think that's possible by bus?
I read that the travel time is about 35 hours from Buenos Aires to Río Gallegos, do you think it's about right?

Take care,
Larry.

PS: Thank you very much Roberto for the contact list on your first post.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 191
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Larry, there are NO straight routes from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia. As per your plan, you will have to first reach Rio Gallegos in Santa Cruz. Yes, it is about right. Travel time is approximately 36 hours. From Rio Gallegos you will have to explore how to cross into Tierra del Fuego. Your best bet will be to contact the few busliners that do BA-Rio Gallegos. Following is the contact information:

Bus Terminal Retiro (in Buenos Aires):
El Pingüino: Tel. +54-11-43154438
T.A.C.: Tel. +54-11-43133627
Don Otto: Tel. +54-11-43142323
Costera Criolla: Tel. +54-11-43133580

You may also want to contact the office of Tourism in Tierra del Fuego, if need be.

In Ushuaia:
Av. Maipú 505 (CP 9410)
Tel: +54-2901-423340 / 421423
Fax: +54-2901-430694
info@tierradelfuego.org.ar

In Buenos Aires:
Marcelo T. de Alvear 790 (CP 1058)
Tel: +54-11-43110233 / 43143133
infuebue@satlink.com

Finally, here is an email address for the office of tourism of Ushuaia City Hall: muniush@tierradelfuego.org.ar

Good luck :-)

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Roberto!

If we stop in between BA-Rio Gallegos, is the bus system will allow us to do that? In other words, is it possible to go from one town in between BA-RG without too much problems (like a few buses a week, etc...).

What towns/aeras do you recommend?

Best Regards

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 192
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larry, I should have an answer for you soon. Let me make a few calls...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here is the site for the Retiro Terminal where anyone can check bus companies, destinations and schedules...

Buses in Argentina

norp
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are a group of 5 adults who are flying into Salta and Bariloche for a week each. We would like to rent a car large enough for 5 adults, perhaps plus an occasional guide. Via the internet, we have struggled to find a reasonable rate for a large car or a minivan (when we can even find an available vehicle.) The prices we are being quoted are US$800-$1000 per week. We prefer to support smaller local companies, but must have reliable transportation and many of those companies don't have websites. Do you know of reliable local companies in either city? Would it be safe to wait and find a vehicle once we arrive, or is it likely the larger cars would all be reserved or even more expensive? Our trip is in late January and early February.

dgower
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, I am traveling to Argentina in Jan with a friend. We were thinking about renting motorcylces in Buenos Aires for traveling to other areas within approx 500km. What are your thoughts on this, and can you recommend an affordable source for moto rentals?

thanks,

David

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Norp, let me check with the Buenos Aires office on Monday and will post some information here. Most of the time we do our renting through american companies such as Rent-A-Car but I see your preferences are to patronage local businesses.

dgower, I will try to find some information tomorrow but honestly, we have no experience with this.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Norp, on checking with the Buenos Aires people they stated that staying with the larger, american companies is a safe bet. Large cars/vans will be more difficult to book here than in the US. Still those rates seem a bit high. We just rented a vehicle for a client traveling to Buenos Aires via Bugdet at usd $300 a week, although this was a standard, economic one.

enugent
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

we are staying in Buenos aires with my daughter who is a student. We would like to go to Iguaza falls. Any advice on best way to get there for a day trip?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, enugent.

We do not recommend a day trip and we personally had no luck with one night stay visits. This is because the way flight schedules work in relation to visits to the Park. You may want to do a bit more research and see if there is anybody out there -perhaps someone will post something here- that can really offer a day trip. As far as I am aware of, you get too late into Iguazu or arrive back from the Park too late for the incoming plane. The only way this can be handled -as far as I know- is by flying at the earliest flight and hiring a private driver/guide for that day that will pick you up and drive you back to the airport. But as I said, we have never done this...

Here is one idea: contact the big hotels directly, like the Sheraton. They usually have a plan in place. The frontdesk should be able to tell you if they are in a position to offer you a personalized service for a day visit. Then, you just need to fly in there. This might end up being more expensive.

You can also get to Iguazu by bus, inexpensively, but I doubt you want to add 12 to 14 hours to each way trip if you just want to visit Iguazu for the day. The only positive is that you may avoid any AA strike, which is a real possibility.

FYI, here is a sample schedule of flights for Argentine Airlines for today:

DEPARTURES FROM BS AS
07:50 - 09:35
10:00 - 11:45
10:35 - 12:20
11:55 - 13:40
14:55 - 16:40

DEPARTURES FROM IGUAZU
10:15 - 12:05
12:25 - 14:15
13:00 - 14:50
14:20 - 16:10
17:20 - 19:10

(Message edited by admin on November 29, 2005)

charles barker
Username: Bluechip

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto:
We are flying to BA on 8/12 and wondered if you could give us your view of the current airline strike and what disruptions we are likely to face in our arrival/departure from BA and our extensive in-country reservations on AA (Ushuia, Cordoba, Salta and return to BA). What precautions or changes to our plans would you recommend that we consider.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Charles, the strike still goes on and agreements may not be reached by the time you arrive, unfortunately.

Although Aerolineas has set up 'emergency' flights with higher personnel that have not joined the strike I would not recommend that you rely on this. You may or may not be part of them. If you are lucky to get on these flights you may experience considerable delays. The whole industry is suffering a great deal at this time.

I would seriously consider:

1) changing destinations and re-arrange your trip by bus. For example, Cordoba and Salta are doable. You can add Mendoza to the mix. Ushuaia might be a bit of a problem because of the distances. It will just take too much time from your trip.

2) postpone your trip for a later date. Strikes in Argentina are -perhaps anywhere- unpredictable in their duration.

Perhaps, everything is solved by Monday but being so close to your arrival date I would try to have plan B in place...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 221
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Charles, looks like there might be an arrangement between pilots and company. We have heard from inner sources that talks are approaching an agreement. Take it with a grain of salt. Inside information is always *rumors*. Maybe there are some good news by Monday. Still, consider an alternative plan.

Chrissy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My friend and I were planning on traveling to Argentina July 2006 for 2-3 weeks. We are flying into Buenos Aires and our plan is to maybe fly to Comodoro Riviera then take a bus to El Calafate to explore Patagonia. According to Aerolineas the plane ticket from BA to CR is $600. Got any suggestions on airlines that would be cheaper? Due to our time limitiations we definitely want to fly down there but we are 2 teachers who don't get paid all that much and that is out of our budget. Or do you have any other suggestions on changing the itinerary? Going to a town closer (and cheaper) in order to explore Patagonia? Thanks so much!

Chrissy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So I meant Comodoro Rivadavia, I don't know why I wrote Riviera, must have had a lapse of sense for a minute, I'm sure you knew what I meant though

Santiago Bengolea
Username: Santiagov

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I suggest you gather some info. in this sites that will surely help with ideas
interpatagonia.com
welcomeargentina.com

Comodoro is a ugly city ...( hope Argeys living there don´t get on me :-) )

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chrissy, those $600 are argentine pesos or american dollars? If the latter, I am afraid the quote is a bit high. You can fly straight to Calafate for less than usd $400 per person. Contact Erna at erna@travelsur.net for a detailed estimate. Also, like Santiago said, there is not much to see in Comodoro Rivadavia. If you are tight with time a better option will be to fly into Calafate, spend a few days there and then take a bus to El Chalten for another couple of days.

If you truly want to experience deep patagonia, then you may want to consider Ushuaia and perhaps Bariloche/Esquel as potential destinations too.

Chrissy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The reason we picked Comodoro Rivadavia was because we wanted to also see the coast, but our dream really would be to go further south possibly even go to Tierra del Fuego. Our main concern was the cost to get to a southern city and we figured that that wasn't too far south for expensive airplane flights and that the bus trip to go further south wouldn't be heinous. By the way definitely $600 USD I thought pesos too but it was definitely USD. But I will contact Erna and see if I can get a good estimate for flying into Calafate instead, that was our original plan but the price scared us away. Thanks for your help!

Chrissy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay so this is weird, I just did another search on Aerolineas and it is $600 to Calafate but only $200 to Rio Gallegos, would you suggest flying into Rio Gallegos and then taking a bus to Calafate? and even a bus from there to Ushuaia?

Santiago Bengolea
Username: Santiagov

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chrissy :

Be aware of U$S and $, both may mean US dollars OR $ mean AR$ ..:-).

I don´t know Erna´s prices but I am sure she will make the best she can, I personally like very much small TA as Erna´s that will bring up the "tailored" proposal with best prices posible.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chrissy, I think you can fly into RG and then get the bus to Calafate, the only problem is the coordination. You don't have buses every day. Somewhere on this thread (or another one) I posted the dates when that bus drive takes place (from CR to Calafate). Those prices are not right and I really cannot tell what is going on. To be sure, email Erna and ask her about flying into Calafate roundtrip. Also, investigate flying into Ushuaia first. Paradoxically, flying straight to Ushuaia is cheaper than Calafate, almost the same price as is to flying into Iguazu.

Busing Calafate / Ushuaia may be an ordeal. I am not sure about this. I think it is possible to get an economical trip BsAs-Ushuaia-Calafate-BsAs throught 5 nights (2 in USHU and 3 in CAL) without having to do the bus thing. Buses will take a lot of your time down there. No 6 lanes highways and in fact, a great deal of pebble roads.

Today is a national holiday in Argentina and offices are closed. Try contacting Erna -or any other agent- tomorrow.

-------------------
Thank you, Santiago.

Angharad Deiniol
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Buenos Dias!
I will be travelling to Argentina in a months' time to a wedding in Esquel. I have already booked a flight there from Gatwick, London and I will be arriving in BA on Feb 11 (for a fortnight). I'm dying to go down to El Calafate to see the glaciers but I need to be in Esquel by Feb 16 - the wedding is on the 17th. I know there are flights from BA to El Calafate on the 13th but I am having huge problems trying to find a way from El Calafate to Esquel. Someone mentioned that I should be able to catch a flight to Comodoro Rivadavia and then on from there to Esquel...

A huge group of us will then go on to Trelew/Gaiman etc after the wedding so I really need to get to El Calafate before then.

Do you have any suggestions? I'd really prefer to fly as I am quite pushed for time.

Thank you for any help. Muchos gracias.

angharad

nicky tiniacos
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Roberto,
My family will be traveling to Argentina in (June-July 2006); and they had made arrangements to go to calafante and then to pto. madrin. Unfortunately, flights between those destinations have been cancelled. Considering weather, terrain and distance, driving is not an option. Do you know of any private air services/air taxis that offer service between those two destinations or close alternatives (e.g. Trelow instead of Pt. Madrin).
I deeply appreciate any assistance you can offer.
Muy agradecida,
nicky

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nicky, as I said in your other thread please contact Erna. We don't understand which flights have been cancelled or by whom. Our screens ARE showing all flights by Aerolineas between Calafate and Trelew. What we don't know is if there are any spaces available. To make sure your family can travel you should contact Erna or any other agent with your precise flying schedule.

memo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Senor Roberto
going from BA to Ig Falls then to Cordoba then to Mendoza then to Atlanic beach area east of BA
all this in 14 days in March
itinery?- fly to Ig Falls then what - fly back to BA then fly to Cordoba and rent car there to drive to Mendoza and fly back to BA?
Can this be done?
Can we book flights in BA or should we do that
in USA on web?
Please Help?
Muy Gracias

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 315
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can book flights in BA, but always check availability with Argentine Airlines, just in case. Yes, that itinerary may work. You can also go to Cordoba by bus from the Retiro bus station. So all the flights you may need are BUE-Iguazu-BUE. Then bus to Cordoba and the renting a car to Mendoza or even going by bus too. It will be a lot cheaper than buying one ways.

Memo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Maria
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,I'm planning to visit Argentina in july during 20 days.
Any idea if that is enough time to travel from Iguazu to Ushuaia and then back up to Buenos Aires,not taking any flights?
Also my nationality is Estonian and i dont need a visa for argentina but i heard that i might do if it's a land entry,is this true?If anyone could help me it would be great, thanxxx

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 428
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, this can only be answered by an immigration official. You may want to try this email Immigration Argentina. Try contacting someone there. My take is that customs should be the same all over our borders but given that some borders have been flagged as dangerous (specially to the US eyes, like north border with Brazil and Paraguay) there could be additional requirements... In addition, traveling to Ushuaia is almost like traveling to another country since it is actually an island (Tierra del Fuego). You may have to go through customs there too.

Twenty days is not a whole lot if you want to visit by ground transportation 3 destinations as far as Iguazu and Ushuaia, basically from the fartherst point to the opposite end. You could conceivably reach Ushuaia by land, I think, through Rio Grande (National highway #3), but this I am not sure. In any case, whether you take a bus or car to Ushuaia you will most likely end up on a Ferry boat to cross the strait of Magallan.

Even though you can safely get to Iguazu by bus and have plenty of time for both BA and Iguazu, you may run into some limitations once you include Ushuaia...

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Jeremy Swillinger
Username: Jms31280

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking to go from BA to Mendoza (2-3 nights), then directly to Iguaza (2 nights), then back to BA. Are the number of days good enough? Also, I'm only looking to fly, unless the bus is less than 10 hours overnight. Can you please provide some advise on my timing, modes of transportation and whether or not I should go to Iguaza before Mendoze or keep it as is.
Thanks,
J

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration