Tipping in a spa? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Tipping in a spa? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dean Smith
Username: Skoolpsyk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are looking into going to a day spa in Buenos Aires and getting a package that includes multiple services (i.e. massage, body scrub, etc. etc.).

How is tipping handled in spas? Is each person tipped for each service? When is the tip given? and of course, how much is usually given at a spa?

Thanks!!!

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Dean

Sorry, I am not able to help on this one, but I'd be really interested in hearing where you go, what sort of cost it was, what the experience was like etc.

I'd like to head to one myself, I imagine I'll have to head u to Recoleta or somewhere for it.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The few times I went to Colmegna -a classic in BA, but may not be the best- I tipped the masseur 5-10%. In general, tips top 10% and rarely or never reach 15%, like in the US. But is all personal and I have sometimes tipped more. Anything above 10% and you will see a big smile on the receiving end.

In your case, I am not sure if I would tip all the service providers... Since this may be an upscale service and provided you are happy with what you got perhaps finding out if there is a pool for tips is a good way to handle it. In which case, 10% will suffice.

(Message edited by admin on November 30, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration