Various Questions Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Various Questions « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Renee Cacciabaudo
Username: Cacc05

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, what a great site! I will be visiting for the first couple weeks in June. How is the weather then? I am hoping for some pool or beach(?) time. Also, where do I go to get tickets to see matador shows and soccer games? Where is the best place to get tango lessons for begginers with NO experience? What are the "hot spots" for night life? (I am 27 if that makes a difference.) Are there any must-try restaurants you reccomend? Any reccomendations for authentic local food? I saw that the theater is closed until 2008...do you know when it will re-open and how far in advance they will typically list events like operas or ballet? Also I saw something about a trip to see glaziers or waterfalls...are either of these possible day trips and if so where would I find the right infoto plan it? Lastly, what do most people wear, particularly out at night? Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I want to make the most out of this trip. Thanks so much!

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Renee!
Welcome! Some good question. First, June is the end of fall and beginning of summer here. It is not cold like New York but it can be in the 50's or less or sometimes quite mild. WE dont have matador shows not that I am aware of. I know of somebody who does tango tours-but there are many places to learn.
IN terms of hot spots, do you means clubs, bars, restaurants, what do you like? My friends that have visited always loved going to Palermo Hollywood and Palermo Viejo, Las Canitas.
The waterfalls are in Iguazu and its about 24 hours or more on a bus there or you can fly.
I hope that gives you some basic informaiton.
I am certain more people will add on their insights.
Good Luck!

Mobi D
Username: Mobi

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey Piccione/Renee...I think that would be end of fall beginning of winter, not summer...

cheers.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration