Your opinion on P.N. Tierra Del Fuego? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Your opinion on P.N. Tierra Del Fuego? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danielle Nicole
Username: Danielle

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm trying to change around my itinerary for my trip so that I'm not so rushed. Can anyone give me their personal opinion on the Tierra Del Fuego area? The main reason I'm going to South America is to visit the Patagonia region so I don't want to miss any of the key sites, but I'm starting to think that driving/flying all the way to Ushuaia may not be worth the time it takes to get there and I may have a better time staying longer in PN Torres Del Paine and the PN Los Glaciers area.

Does anybody know how the bus ride from Ushuaia to Puerto Natales is? Are there a lot of beautiful sites to see during the drive?

Also, do any of you have any opinions you would like to share on the Lake District in Chile and whether there are a lot of beautiful sites to see when driving down Route 5 from Santiago?

Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Danielle, this is a long shot... If you do not want to be rushed I would say focus on the chilean PN T-D-P and PN Los Glaciares. You can literally spend all your travel time here. Ushuaia and the surrounding area is not like these other national parks and if you are looking for more picturesque, beautiful scenery you might be disappointed. T del Fuego tends to be more dramatic but please don't ask me to explain myself... I have no specifics about driving through route #5...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration