Travel Itenerary Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Travel Itenerary « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have 15 days in Argentina starting November 26th.

I was planning on staying in BA 6 days, Colonia (Uruguay)either a day trip or overnight 2 days. Then traveling to Patagonia and Iguazu Falls and visiting each place for 3 - 4 days.

Whats the best way to do this, bus, car rental,train, airplane? If flying, what is the cheapest and best way to book my flights? Should I do it from home (US) or wait until arrival in BA.

Thanks!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sarah, here is what I think... Since this is your honeymoon trip better to have everything booked before getting on the plane. Unless you want to make it part of the experience getting on cabs and visiting different travel agents day by day planning your trip. One consultation may take a couple of hours, then you must come back for payments and reservations... Then, to get your vouchers and papers. This mingling with portenios' daily life can be fun and interesting but perhaps not during a romantic getaway. If you are comfortable handling this over the internet and know of a reliable travel agent that is also knowledgeable in Argentina go for it. If you and your partner are more adventurous and flexible enough to go with the flow, wait until you are there. BA with a day for Colonia can be done in 5/6 nights. Iguazu does not require more than 3 nights. For a honeymoon trip, I would try to spend most of the time in Patagonia and Bariloche is the perfect place. A lot of locals go there for their own honeymoon. Six to 7 days in Bariloche will be ideal. Many, many places to visit including crossing the Andes to visit Chile.

BA + Colonia: 6
Iguazu: 3
Bariloche: 6
-----------------
15 nights

You can cut one day in BA or Bariloche. By far the best will be to fly to each location with the exception of Colonia where you take the ferry.

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Would you recommend Salta at all? Originally I wanted to go there but now cant seem to decide...

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Salta has a lot of character!

Bu my preference would be visiting the entire northwest region, not just Salta. Such trip would include Tucuman and Jujuy as well and the trip will encompass the Calchaqui valley and the Humahuaca ravine. This is a completely different geographical area. You can visit wineries in Salta too. If you only go to Salta you will be leaving plenty on the table.

Allin Delgado Cáñez
Username: Allin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My travel is the next one: Buenos Aires - Cordoba - Tucumán - Salta - Jujuy - La Quiaca... my question is which buses do you recomend me to take to go to this places? I´m crossing the country to Bolivia, and I´m a backpacker, so I need something comfortable but economic... the Andesmar website has no buses from Buenos Aires to Cordoba.. or I dont find it...can you help me? I need distances and costs :-)

Also, if you can recomend me what to see, where to go there and how many nights are enought for those places (but also quick) is gonna be an incredible help! thanx!
thanks a lot!
Allin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration