Where to stay in Recoleta Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Where to stay in Recoleta « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am hoping to book a hotel room or apartment in Recoleta for at least one week, starting November 26th. I dont have too much to spend but it is for my honeymoon so I hope to find a place thats nice, comfortable and in a great location. If you have any advice please let me know!

Thanks!

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Sarah,
Well, if your wanting to stay in Recoleta I would suggest in General, to within these streets. French y Junin, French y Parana, Juncal y Uruguay! These areas are really nice, quite and have alot of Historic buildings around. In addition, it's right in Plaza Pelligrini area....so yall can take nice walks etc....

To be specific about a building etc..to rent, you will just have to look around on this forum, here shortly I'm sure that someone will post some links to help your efforts, but the above mentioned areas are well worth checking out!

Hope this helps

larry Rogers

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry that should be Juncal y Parana, not "French"

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 431

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Larry
How close is French y Junin to the intersection of Corrientes y Junin.
Just curious. thanks.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1284
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, that is probably 15 or 16 blocks.

@ Sarah
Recommending a cheap hotel in Recoleta for your honeymoon is too risky. If there are inexpensive places in areas like La Recoleta they will not score well in terms of the average "honeymoon" stay. You can find *nice* honeymoon lodges that are inexpensive in neighborhoods that are not as elegant as the one you requested. The opposite is true too. In a classy, sophisticated neighborhood even the poorest choice will be expensive.

larry Rogers

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, about 12 blocks east/west depending!

@ Roberto, nice memory! Good to see it's still there...

@ Sarah, shoot me a private email and I will give you some listing etc...and even I house if your interested in staying in a different area!

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Larry thanks for the information! I have been looking on Craigslist at apartments for rent in Recoleta and I've been impressed by the prices vs. the quality they seem to have in the pictures. Most range around 350 - 450 per week, which I dont think is too expensive by any means.

My email is Sarahbethany81@aol.com. Feel free to send me any information you may have!

Stephen D Ruud
Username: Argentinatraveler

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I stayed at Juncal and Laprida, renting an apartment through 4rentargentina.com

Cost was US $780 for three weeks. Nice two-bedroom with airconditioning, staff. We were the only foreigners, which made it nice, too.

Great neighborhood, friendly people. Restaurants, cafes, bakeries, kids going to school, normal life in the city. Convenient walking distance to Avenida Santa Fe, a main shopping street in Buenos Aires. The Subte D goes under the street, which gets you fast all over town for about 35 US cents a ticket.

Try a Google search for "apartments in Buenos Aires" and you'll get lots of the firms. All the companies all have pictures of the apartments.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration