Coverage of Cellular Services in Arge... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Coverage of Cellular Services in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruno
Username: Bbr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am staying for some weeks in Argentina and in order to be reachable locally, I would like to buy a cellular from a local Argentinean service provider. As I will be travelling later on from Salta to Mendoza along the Ruta 40, I am also interested in buying a cellular from a provider offering the best coverage / network in this regions too. Any suggestions / help ?

Muchas gracias

Richard Graham
Username: Richg

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bought a cheapie handset and sim from Personal (About 30 USD with 100 minutes included), in Mendoza the service was good. You will be hard pressed to get a signal on some of the stretches of the Ruta 40. A rather remote and bumpy ride to be had for example just out of Salta heading towards Cafayate. Stunning though not a mobile phone mast for miles (bliss!)

Paul Ghidossi
Username: Chascomus

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You know....if you have a cel phone from the US AND it has a SIM chip.....AND it is unlocked, you can just buy a local SIM with a local number for about $15 PESOS!....and thats it!

If your phone is not unlocked, you can get the unlocked key from your service provider...I have T-Mobile and they gave it to me because I had over one year of service with them.....

Otherwise...you can just buy a cheaper cel phone with a charge card here for about U$70 bucks...

www.hereicomeargentina.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration