Where to go in argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Where to go in argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

christiana papadopoullos
Username: Christiana

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,
My friends and I are due to visit Argentina from the end of July until the beginning of September this year and we have a few questions We were hoping to travel to Patagonia but I believe the weather and conditions are unsuitable. Is this true?? If it is possible to go what gear would you recommend. If it is not possible we were hoping to do an anticlockwise circuit of the Northern part of Argentina starting and ending in Buenos Aires (including the Iguazu Falls and some hiking in the Andes). Would this be possible? What do you think the weather will be like? What clothes would you recommend?
Very much appreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Christiana,
Well, living in Patagonia for a while I can tell you if your wanting to do some hiking at the this time, maybe bring some portable heaters and alot of snow gear..hahaha! No, in all seriousness it will be extremely cold and windy. Not sure exactly you/yall are planning to go (thats pretty important), patagonia is pretty vast in size. I few very nice places are Bariloche, San Martin, El Bolson and Angostura (great for snow sports)...OJO, if you do go south for winter sports remember that ever Brazilian that can afford to go to a ski resort etc...with be in these aforementioned areas.

If you planning on doing a reverse circuit to Iguazu, I think you would be spending your money wisely, I might even try to catch alittle of Bolivia, and Peru...the Northern part of Argentina is beautiful (i.e. Salta, Cordoba, Mendoza or even higher). Hiking and camping you might better off there!

I just awoke, so maybe I will have some good advice alittle later in the day

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration