Single Male in his 50s visiting Palermo Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Single Male in his 50s visiting Palermo « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 4:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a single male in his 50's, active and socialable in my ways. I rented an apartment for a month on Charcas Blvd and Guise in the Palermo area. I would like to know what to expect in the immediate area as far as places where I can socialize and maybe meet honest ladies.

I like pubs and nightclubs (for my nightlife) but I don't want to be with a 20s,30's crowd. More 40's and 50's. Please enlighten me on the area.

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 4:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi again,

I forgot to mention I do speak Spanish which can help.

Dario Laufer
Username: Darth

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael, you can go to different bars in Palermo. there you´ll find women between 30-40 years, and they´re honest. best thing to do to meet some ladies, is in culture activities, such as museums and art galleries.
regards,
Darío
http://livepalermo.blogspot.com/

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's been mentioned before that the Bauen Hotel has a bar/lounge where older women hang out... and some powerful individuals as well. Perhaps it might be worth a visit.

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank You Dario and Roberto for your input, I am taking your advise. I will visit those places. If you can think of other places in the Palermo area I would appreciate it.
Regards,
Michael

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 371

Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

where is the Bauen Hotel Roberto?

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Reberto is this right?

Bauen Hotel

Address Av. Callao 360

Location At Corrientes, Barrio Norte

Transportation Metro: Callao

Phone 11/4372-1932

Fax 11/4372-3883

Darth
Username: Darth

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, that�s the address. Look the website
http://www.bauenhotel.com.ar/
You also have Bauen suites, just arround the corner, but I have to check if the company is managed by their workers, as Bauen Hotel.

Dar�o
http://livepalermo.blogspot.com/

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

Which is the place you mention the Bauen suites or bauen hotel?

Now it seems there are two places called bauen. One I read is run by the employees and they are doing a wonderful job with it. Now which is the place which you mention older ladies go to socialize? I figure it's the non employee ran place which is the Bauen Hotel?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bauen hotel off Callao Ave.

robert lipmar
Username: Miami_bob

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'm also now single in my 50's. the meeting place is at the bauen hotel, callao 360, near corrientes? what is the name of the bar or club? best days and hours to socialize with portenas in their 30's, 40's and 50's? any of you caballeros want to acompany me looking?
private message me!!! any of the damas have any positive suggestions?

i regularly travel to bs as and would love to find some female friends and maybe a little romance. mi castellano no es fluido, pero puedo comunicar.

bob

kimberly adams
Username: Kim

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

thanks for asking the "older crowd" question as I'm a 39 year old chica moving to BA mid-june and wish to hang with people who were agile walkers and proficient talkers during the 80s ..

Michael, please let me know how you like your apt. as i'll be looking for one and perhaps i can move in when you move out -- wouldn't that make my life simple!

see you at hotel B!, Kim

robert lipmar
Username: Miami_bob

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

www.reynoldspropiedades.com

this is an apartment rental company i have used a number of times in the past. call or email and ask for inez. she is a scott and speaks near perfect english. they accept visa for the deposit over the internet. they are reasonably priced and have many nice apartments in different price ranges in different parts of the city including palermo, recoletta, palermo chico and by the alto palermo mall[where michael will be staying]. the saint from apartmentsba originally introduced me to this company. saint has the best top end apartments, but his market is priced double what reynolds charges or more.

i would plan on spending us$300 to 400 per week for a nicely furnished 500 to 700 sq foot 1 bedroom in a choice neighborhood.
monthly rates[us$500-1000] are much cheaper. daily rates are also available. if you want a couple of months, you should be able to negociate a rate.

if you need help, private message me.

bob

ps i'll see both you and michael at the hotel.

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here is the apartment I rented on Charcas Blvd and Guise choice area in Palermo not bad for the price for the location. My friend (who lives there) went and approved it. My friend stated these people at the real estate agency are true professionals.

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=1 173&tmo=10&tyr=2007#abajo

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Reberto,

Question? I am a individal which wear two rings both with diamonds (besides nice watches). Just me !!! I had to take them off in Sao Paulo is it the same in B's As ? Only in nigthclubs ??? I have no idea I know brasil...

I love jewelry in good taste!!!! Latin thing at times me !!!!
Besides my golf shirt... jajajaja..
Please advise.
Michael

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, I would advise no jewelry while walking on the streets or during daytime. But if you have a date and know where you are going then I would wear them.

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MIcheal Calero.,
I would like to say, in reality, the streets of B.A. are pretty safe, especially in the area of Palermo and Recoleta...you can wear pretty much what you want. Speaking from experience as I live here now in the San Cristobal area, which is not a nice area compared to Recoleta, but is Buenos Aires none the less; wearing jewelry in San Telmo at 4:00am walking home 40km alone might not be that smart.

Unfortunately, the city has and did deserve a bad rap for petty theft and misc. crimes towards citizens, but as of now, the city menos some places (probably which you won't be getting close too) is a pretty safe place. Use common sense and choose to use a cab @ 4:00am instead of walking and you should be fine. Let me know if you would like any first hand experiences or local (new) places to visit...

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place and run be intellegant admin. (whatup Roberto); long time no talk since the incident of all that BS stuff...

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is the views of the Argentine ladies toward Americans men even if they speak Spanish? Are they interested or just look at us as temporary visitors?

larry Rogers

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, in my experience in the past 8months has been one of good luck and furtune...but maybe Im an exception. Most of the Argentine Ladies (30's) have been very receptive and interested, especially if you speak spanish. It would be hard to meet anyone, in reality, without speaking spanish; but other story for another day!

Most seem to like the fact that we are able to speak at there level and we can see them for who they are, hence speaking in there language, so i think that you will have no problem and it all depends on who you are and what they like in you. Daily tip...but remember, they are the best looking women in the World!

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Larry.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is a somewhat vague and general statement so take it with a grain of salt. In my view, the average 35+ argentine woman is fed up with the typical argentine male and would be/might be open to someone who's from a different culture. Doesn't mean that americans are their primary target, just that some may be less defensive when it comes to meeting foreigners in general.

Was this your experience, Larry?

MIchael Calero

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

Nice way of putting it. I see that everything is on a individual basis, so there are opportunities in meeting the ladies being a foreigner which is great news. My intentions are to socialize around the apartment I rented in Palermo unless other things develop.

larry Rogers

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,
Yes, this has been my experience " a full"...hahahaha, anyway! I've had a great time socializing with the women and in general the older women, its funny how accepting they are. They are actually feedup with the average and we as North Americans (don't forget that Roberto :-)...which speak spanish offer a great escape; so Michael if you plan on only staying alittle while you should be treated like a short term investment and treated with due respect!

I hope this wasn't to off track, but you find out what is going on when you get here, again, you can send me a personnal email when you arrive and we can have a drink, hang out and I can show you around if need be....Im easy to contact and full of free time!

Roberto, again that was just a innocent statement about Americans (as a generalization)...they (argentinas) hate to be called Americans due to we are all Americans...not North Americans. I would love to hear your view on this!@

O,Boca just scored on Libertad (par)...sorry sidetracked!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larry, I heard that complaint before :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration