Skiing ///accomodation volunter ski ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Skiing ///accomodation volunter ski patrol? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Ayling
Username: Mr_ben

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ski jobs Argentina ?

I'm exploring the world..pilgrimage whatever from Wimbledon London since sept 2005 and i'm heading over to Buenos Aires in May from Whistler.

Trying to make a difference helping people and learn as i go.

So far i've been in Canada learnt to ski in Whistler , teach skiing now and work on the ski patrol. Absolutely love it i'm looking to do the same in Baloroche maybe.

First i'm going to learn the language, sketch and explore southern tip of argentina and take it all in first.

My questions are. !
1).Does anyone know good contacts to approach to volunteer for ski patrol or work ski school....anywhere that gives me an excuse to help and be on the slopes.

2). Anyone else on a similar journey,also have an inbalanced love of skiing , rugby, mountain rescue, scoping peaks themselves, or would say hey don't miss this place or make sure you bring some descent Tea!

3) know a good route (interests geology, beauty in nature and people).even these guys could use a volunteer to help.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ben, I waited some time for someone to post anything but it does look like your interests are difficult to match. It seems most of us are potato-couch, risk averse people. I sometimes wish I had been this corageous and adventurer... I will keep an ear to the ground and post again if I learn about someone who can challenge your spirit.

Ben Ayling
Username: Mr_ben

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto your very kind..... thank you for the complement , i'm sure i have my couch potato moments. I have to say i find your knowledge and input to others and myself 2nd to none from other threads. Thank you so much for what you do , my facination and appreciation with south america grows ever more :-)

cheers Ben

Dan Rand
Username: Drand1umsismiamiedu

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am actually interested in doing the same thing and am having dificulty finding information... I am and expert skier and have a backround in spanish... I just graduated college and am looking for some good back country fall sking in argentina ... Being employed by the mountian would be ideal for me... let me know what u find ... I was thinking that alot of these mountians need tourists and with that a middle man that can speak english to them... I was thinking that ski guides are needed down there

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration