Need help with my itinerary Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Need help with my itinerary « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sudipta B
Username: Sudipta

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,
Need some help with my itinerary.
Going to Argentina in July/Aug for approximately three weeks. Want to focus mainly on Patagonia. Due to some obvious and professional limitations we can only do it in July August. So, as you can see, I am in a desperate situation.
The question is, if I fly to Ushuaia from BA and want to travel my way up to BA in two weeks,
Visiting the following places,
El Calafate
Los Glaciers National Park.
El Chalten
Upsala glaciers,
Peninsula Valdes (The San Jose and Nuevo Gulfs)
Bariloche and The Lake Region - Back to BA.
What is the best way to touch all these places from Ushuaia and get back to BA in about 15 days?

2. How should I work my way up to BA? What will be an efficient itinerary that will cover the most and can be done in two weeks.
Another unrelated question is, if I had three to four extra days in hand, should I try to see Iguazu or go to Mendoza rather?
Appreciate your time.
Sudipta
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sudipta and welcome! No need to be desperate as 15 days is plenty of time. The main problem you will face are very short days and cold weather. As a result, expect some tours NOT to be available in the glaciers' region. For example, most ranches in Calafate will be closed for stay and open only for day tours. Weather permitting, boats should be ok. One way on how to go about these destinations is as follows:

Fly BA > Ushuaia (2 to 3 nights)
Fly Ushuaia > Calafate (3 nights)
Bus Calafate > Chalten (1 or 2 nights) back to Calafate.
Fly Calafate to Bariloche (4 nights)
Fly to Trelew (Peninsula Valdes > 3 nights)
Fly to BA

This will cover all your destinations for a period of 13 to 15 nights. With 3 or 4 more days you can choose either Iguazu or Mendoza. I would recommend Iguazu as it is a good time to visit and you will get to see a completely different region (subtropical) of Argentina. Make sure you pack for hot weather if you decide on Iguazu. The falls can be done in 2 days (ideally 3) and this part of your trip can be accomplished upon your return from Patagonia.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration