Air tickets to El Calafate Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Air tickets to El Calafate « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lafe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We will be arriving in Buenos Aires on February 9, staying for four to six days. If we should want to fly to El Calafate following our stay in BA, our we going to find it difficult to obtain tickets given that this is the height of the tourist-vacations season. Thanks, Lafe

Roberto (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Lafe, the best will be to start exploring prices and availability now. February will probably be fine but you never know. December has been a killing month. I'd say contact us at your earliest convenience with the details of your request (name of passengers, exact date of travel, length of stay, etc) and we will be happy to check flights for your for free. Email Erna at erna@speedy.com.ar

Jeri Hahn-Markowitz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My mother and I would like to visit Calafate on April 7th-9 (2 nights), arriving from Bariloche and returning to Buenos Aires. I would appreciate any help obtaining information about available flights and their cost. Many thanks!

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to our forums, Jeri Hahn!
I see you itinerary is BCO-CALAFATE-BAIRES. I will have some information tomorrow, Feb 1st. However, you can always contact Erna at erna@travelsur.net.

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jeri, here is some information you may find useful:

April 7 thru 9
Argentine Airlines
Bariloche - Calafate / Calafate - Buenos Aires
$278 USD per person
Includes taxes.

Erik Swart
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hello, i'm desperatly trying to find out if its possible to fly directly from Bariloche to El calafate at oct 6th 2005. Were planning our trip and some travel agency claims they've booked us flightnr AR2694 thats supposed to be the flight we need. But when i look at the site of Aerolineas argentinas, this flight is only available in the weekend. Can you help me out?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are many changes going on, Erik. You should be careful. Travel agents are not to blame for the most part. Our offices are now closed, however, I made a quick consultation and I was told that there are no more direct flights between Bariloche and Calafate.

To be sure, I will contact the office tomorrow morning and ask for precise information again. However, if you are in a hurry you can always email your inquiry to erna at erna@travelsur.net. I will post information again tomorrow morning eastern time US.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Erik, as far as we could see on our screens the flight AR2694 does not exist. We are not sure what is going on. We will be contacting aerolineas office later today to see if we can find any bookings under your name...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good news, Erik!

We found you. There are 2 reservations (2 people, you and someone else) for this flight. Flight AR2694 does this route Bariloche - Calafate - Trelew and Buenos Aires. Hope this helps.

Wing
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, Our flight arrives Buenos Aires February 26 in the morning. We would like to go to El Calafate that same day. The Aerolinea Argentina site only prices travel for locals and does not give price for foreigners. How much is a round trip flight and can you help us reserve 2 seats?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wing, you can check this thread. I posted the information there. Yes, we can book those flights for you but Erna will need to know the exact time your arrive (and airline company). There is a special flight that connects directly to Calafate from EZE early in the morning. Contact Erna at erna/@/travelsur.net or erna/@/speedy.com.ar if you don't get an answer within 24 hrs. And for prices check the thread above.

Maria cecilia guerrero
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am scheduled to leave Buenos Aires for El calafate on March 19 2006 and return on March 22..and hence will be needing 2 roundtrip tickets. Please inform me if I could secure a reservation for any available flights that could give me a good deal on such short notice. Thank you

F. Harrington
Username: Tarheel

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

maria, I am sure Roberto will shed some light on your request but: You sure are not staying at your destination long! Also, you can get what I think is a Argentine Pass or something of that nature to visit several cities in Argentina. I believe Aerolineas Argentinas has such a pass. Also, I have had beter luck purchasing my ticket before I leave the USA, (I assume you are from the USA), have a toll free number in the USA

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 354
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, like FH said sometimes air passes are a good deal. In this case, if you want to stay for just 3 nights in Calafate, then a straight ticket might do. I will check our system tomorrow for any deals and post the information here.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 355
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, just checked.

On the 19th there are 6 flights and they are all fully booked. I could only spot 3 places in business class and they go for almost usd $600 each.

This may change if you want a whole package with stay and excursions because wholesale operators have a quota with airliners :-(

bhagyam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I need real cheap tickets from Minneapolis, Minnesota to (prefer !!) Mendoza or Buenos Aires....What are the best prices for March 24 th to April 3rd, 2006.

javier Garcia Poquet
Username: Javiogarcia

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For plain tickets Check www.despegar.com

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 367
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

bhagyam,

Minneapolis - Miami - Bs As | Bs As - NY - Atlanta - Minneapolis

is approximately usd $980 with American. Cheapest ticket in our screens. You might get a better deal somewhere else. Look for availability too.

znc
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola, llego mañana a BA y no encuentro vuelos a Calafete para ir a los glaciares..
Que website es el mejor para reservar.. en despegar.com no me aparece Nada de nada!!

Si me pueden dar una ayuda con esto, estaría increíble.
Gracias

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 424
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

EL Lunes puedes llamar al 4322-8147, maniana (Sabado) va a ser un poco dificil...

abbashan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

My fiance and I are looking to spend our honeymoon hiking and backpacking in Torres del Paine National Park in Chile. At first glance it looks as though the most convienent route is to Buenos Aires to El Calafate. Are flights pretty frequent? What is the typical average cost? At this point any advice regarding travel agents, car rental, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 429
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jeff,

Aerolineas Argentinas has flights every day to Calafate and the average price -today- is apprx. usd $260 per person (includes taxes). As for renting cars, this may be very expensive down there. There is a bus (an excursion) that takes you first to El Chalten and then to Torres del Paine. If you want to do this on your own, I would not know what to recommend. There are many travel agents that can give you an estimate for a 1 or 2 weeks covering BA, Calafate, El Chalten and Torres del Paine. You can contact us (Erna at erna@travelsur.net) but I also suggest shopping around to compare services and prices.

Emily Nelson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I'm studying in Buenos Aires, and was hoping to travel to El Calafate for a few days leaving around May 23 or 24 and coming back on May 27 or 28. Is this possible on such short notice? I haven't had much luck finding flights... Thanks!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 436
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Emily, try Erna at 4322-8147 tomorrow morning. She will tell you right away if there is anything available...

Lafe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Emily McDonald
Username: Emily_anne

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I really need help finding a flight for a trip to El Calafate I am planning with my best friend. I live in Buenos Aires now, and she is coming all the way from Boston to visit me! She arrives April 1st, and we would like to fly out to El Calafate on April 2nd. We are hoping to return to Buenos Aires in the evening on April 12th.

Thanks so much in advance to Erna and Roberto with this request - I really appreciate any and all help you can offer!

Best,

Emily

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Emily, those tickets are approx. usd $512 per person roundtrip Ba-Ca-Ba. Are you having problems getting the tickets? There are several departures on that date.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration