Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Visiting Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce Damonte
Username: Bruced7575

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,

I recently arrived in Buenos Aires, and I´m wondering if any Porteños or Porteñas would be interested in meeting with me for a language/cultural exchange of sorts. I´d be up for meeting with any other English-speaking expats too. My Spanish is very limited, but I´m working on it! I´ll be here until January 23rd. I´m staying at a place in Recoleta on Avenida Coronel Diaz.

I´m a 36 year old professional photographer from San Francisco.

Chao,
Bruce

sean giovanni
Username: Giovanni

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bruce,

I too am from the states. I just moved to Buenos Aries. I have recectly bought an apartment. The closing won´t be until March so I am going to try to Rio or Monteviedo until then. I expect to be leaving next week. I do know where Coronel Diaz is, but the one I know definitly is not in Recoleta. It is in Barrio Norte or Palermo, depending with whom you are talking. Are we both talking about the same Coronel Diaz? What is the cross street? If you would like to meet before I leave, let me know. My email address is johngiovanni11@yahoo.com

Regards,

Giovnni

robert lipmar
Username: Miami_bob

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Colonel Diaz is not in recoleta, but palermo. what cross street will you be near? your apartment will likely be in a good neighborhood, not recoleta.

Bruce Damonte
Username: Bruced7575

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, it was advertised as being in Recoleta (a marketing angle, I´m sure), but it does seem to be on the border or in Palermo. It´s on Coronel Diaz just a couple blocks north of Av. de Libertador.´

I´ll be here until January 23, so, if you want to meet up for a beer or something, drop me a line. I´m just starting to get a good feel for Bs As...

Bruce

Ken Kerr
Username: Doctork

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bruce
See you tonight at Shoeless Joes
Ken

Carmen Stigliano
Username: Carmen

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Recoleta borders found in Internet:

Montevideo, Uruguay, Av. Córdoba, Mario Bravo, Av. Cnel. Díaz, Av. Gral. Las Heras, Tagle, vías del Ferrocarril General Mitre, Jerónimo Salguero, Autopista Costera hasta la prolongación virtual de Montevideo.

ruggero
Username: Bart

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carmen, here it's pasted and copied from an article I wrote one year ago in order to avoid confusion regarding recoleta limits:
In the maps, recoleta is a large area and Barrio Norte does not even exist. you know why? Because upon a request the city administration decided to change the neighborhoods nomenclature limits and erased some out of the map. The fact is that portenos still calling the neighborhoods as they always knew. In the same sense you might think (as I did) portenos shuld update their own minds, I believe now portenos are right, since the differences from one neighborhood to another are very significant (so I beleive, and many portenos that maps should respect these differences), I've realized about this matter after making a large research of real estate in several neighborhoods in BA. Value per sq Meter in The real recoleta may reach 2 and even 3 times more expensive prices for similar apartments over cordoba ave. (Barrio Norte). The reason is so simple: just take a walk on Barrio Norte and take a walk in Recoleta and you'll see is nicer and safer. Something similar happens on las canitas. Las canitas used to belong to belgrano, but now it's part of Palermo, as las canitas have it's own identity people just call it las canitas, by the most fashion and best located area of Buenos Aires. And something similar rules for ONCE -eleven- not in the maps but everybody talks aboout ONCE and not Balvanera, the map given name, by the way, the dirtiest and uglier part of the city (in competition with constitucion). So, the real recoleta is located exactly in this perimeter: Highway/Park on the east, callao ave. (there limits with "retiro", Las Heras ave (there limits with Barrio Norte), and Tagle st. (there limits with Palermo). The area of palermo that limits on Tagle is known as "Palermo Chico" and inside of this area is "Barrio Parque". The more exclusive and upscale neighborhood in Buenos Aires Capital. Barrio Parque is even more expensive, nicer and beautiful than Puerto Madero, you will not find shops, restaurants nor kioscos in Barrio Parque, but many large mansions and embassies (in fact most embassies are located in Barrio Parque and Belgrano C). And the luxuriest building built until now (Grand Burg) is on Barrio Parque main street (Figueroa Alcorta).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration