Driving from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Driving from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kris Sullivan
Username: Llamalover

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We're renting a car in Buenos Aires and driving to Ushuaia for an Antarctica cruise. After that, we'll drive around Patagonia for a month. Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from BA to Ushuaia the most direct way? We might have only 7 days and wonder if this is enough time even with no tourist stops.

Thanks.

Kris from Los Angeles, California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 914
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kris, is that a car or a hummer?

Either route you choose it will be 1900+ miles and depending on your driving style you can make it in 4 days with an average of 500 miles a day. The first part may be slower, getting out of the city and you should plan on that. The latter may be too, as you will have to coordinate your arrival at Monte Aymond where you can take the ferry to the island. Then, there may be a good chunk of pebble roads from the chilean side (where you will land) to Argentina. Four days looks stressful to me and will NOT be the same as driving 500 miles on I95, I75 or I10.

First stop could be Bahia Blanca.
Second stop Comodoro Rivadavia.
Third Rio Gallegos.
Fourth arrival to Ushuaia.

With such itinerary and schedule you will of course miss some essentials, such as Puerto Madryn, Trelew, San Antonio Oeste...

But then you have another month to review all these sites and more. This information could be out of date so anyone feel free to contribute.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration