Trip to BA Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Trip to BA « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed Kleinschmit
Username: Ed452

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are planning a trip to BA in May of 07, for four adults and need help in finding a safe place to stay. We will be there for two weeks and plan to stay in BA most of the time with a side trip to Mendoza or Uraguary. Any ideas on the best way to get there, plane or train? thanks

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ed: here you can find great apartments in the best Buenos Aires areas. www.justba.com.ar
If Uruguay is your choice i have two great apartments just a few meters from the ship that makes daily travels to Uruguay.
hope you find this information helpfull!

Jude OHara
Username: Jude1971

Post Number: 6

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The very best apartments are from ApartmentsBA.com.

My parents are renting one for 2 months and it is completely gorgeous. In Recoleta just round the corner from where I live.

Do check their website first, if you want something very exclusive and beautiful then ApartmentsBA is the place to check first (in my opinion)- and affordable.

(Message edited by admin on December 12, 2006)

ruggero
Username: Bart

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Jude, great photo!
Hey, I can make you a discount if you stay in any of my apartments. I love beauty and beauty it's my weakness. You may also check out some videos of Buenos Aires beautiful city, as pictures, and take a look on my apartments. I'm currently renovating 3 apartments and I will have availability in two apts starting dec 25th, all inside my blog www.barts.com.ar

Besos Apasionados!

(Message edited by admin on December 12, 2006)

florencia
Username: Flopy26

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hola roberto:
quisiera saber si tenes idea de donde puedo estudiar turismo en buenos aires en forma gratuita,gracias

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 888
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ed welcome!

The first thing you may want to do is decide whether you prefer an apartment, a hotel, a house or some other type of specific accomodation. Both rentals as well as hotel rooms can be had for convenient price and in safe locations. My advise is that you look into 4 stars hotels which may range anywhere from $60-$100 night. You should find plenty in many safe areas of the city in neighborhoods such as Retiro, La Recoleta, Palermo, Barrio Norte or even downtown.

In these same areas you can rent 2 bedroom apartments for perhaps better pricing than 2 hotel rooms although this will mean a different trip experience. Mike from Apartmentsba handles the higher end of the spectrum with apartments located mainly in La Recoleta area whereas ruggero's apartments are more modern, designer type and are not only in La Recoleta but areas closer to Belgrano too.

In general, finding a safe neighborhood should be the easiest part. As for how to get to Uruguay on a 1 day or overnight trip, all you need to do is get to Puerto Madero to where the offices of Buque Bus are located and purchase a ticket. A travel agent can do this for you and include the transfers from and to your place of stay. But you yourself can do it. Buquebus offers day trips to Montevideo, Colonia and even Punta del este in rapid ferries or slower ships.

If you are considering Mendoza you should allot a little bit more time as Mendoza is very beautiful and offers many attractions. The cheapest way to travel to Mendoza is by bus. You can also do this yourself by going to the Bus terminal located in Retiro and purchase roundtrip tickets. There are many companies doing this route and you can obtain proper information at the helpdesk in the terminal. Trips are usually overnight so you can sleep and you can choose from different coaches from standard to those offering dinner and 180 degrees beds. I would suggest at least 3 nights in Mendoza. If budget permits, the quickest way will be to fly but at present air tickets aren't cheap anymore.

Hope this helps.

A word for members: is better not to use these pages as a billboard, specially when someone new comes in requesting for information.

Florencia, te mando un email.

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto: no usé el foro como cartelera, de hecho fijate que nunca hice spam, solo vi que alguien buscaba un lugar seguro para quedarse y los apartamentos que ofresco lo son al 100% puesto que son de gente amiga y propios. Espero no haber quebrantado las leyes del foro, nunca fue mi intención hacerlo.
Saludos para vos y la gente que hace esta pagina tan util para todos los turistas.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 893
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Julieta, it was a general comment not directed to anyone in particular. Many times is difficult for posters to discern whether their messages carry strong self-interest or are just an unbiased opinion expressed to help. This is because we all become too attached to our own opinions and confuse both, more often than not. So every now and then I drop such lines to reinstate the balance.

(Message edited by admin on December 14, 2006)

robert lipmar
Username: Miami_bob

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i have rented apartments from a few agencies which were honest and provided very good value:

-reynolds properties--www.argentinahomes.com english is spoken well
011 5411 4801 9291 good website w/large choice of listings. many good choices us$50 to 70 per night

-www.mySpaceBA.com john is from ireland and has fewer choices. good honest guy. 011 5411 4793 3496 priced like reynolds

-apartmentsBA charges double the rate,but has beautiful properties with extra amenities like vonage internet phones and free cel phone useage. they are still cheaper than a 4 star hotel. mike is a solid american businessman who runs the blue chip rental agency in town. don't be turned off by some of the marketing fluff on his website. if you are bugeted us$ 100 to 150 per night for a one bedroom, treat yourself and go first class in all ways.

i have no financial interest in any of these places. i have rented from reynolds many times. mike, from apartmentsBA, actually introduced me to the reynolds people when he was beyond my buget.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration