Work Visas Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Work Visas « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ashli Hilton
Username: Ashli44

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm planning on living and working in Argentina (possibly Mendoza or Buenos Aires) for about 6 months and I was wondering what paper work I would need to fill out and how long this would take.Will I need a work visa/business visa? Do I need to fill out paper work for temporary residence? Any information will be helpful and much appreciated! Thanks!

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 290

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Ashli and welcome to the forum

What will you be working at. The reason I ask is you can stay up to 6 months in Argentina with just your US passport and most other passports by paying a small fee after the first three months at immigration.

Or you can take a boat trip across the Rio de la Plata after the first 3 months to Uruguay, get your passport stamped there and return to Buenos Aires.

hasta luego

Carmen Stigliano
Username: Carmen

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ashli,

What type of work are you going to do in Argentina?

Carmen

Ashli Hilton
Username: Ashli44

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the replies.

Carmen, I plan on working as a private english tutor in maybe Mendoza or Buenos Aires. (I speak Spanish and English)

Tom- how much is the fee?

Thomas
Username: Peilab

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ashli,
I think this is wonderful and hope your decision might me Mendoza as I will be moving there mid December. Having received my permanent Visa/citizenship, I am ready to make the move to Chacras de Coria, LujŠn de Cuyo, Mendoza where I own a house and there is going to be a strong need for Spanish instruction for me as I speak almost none....Thomas

Riyad Anabtawi
Intermediate Member
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 127
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ashli..
The fee is something like 50 pesos.. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
You can also take a bus ride to Chile from Mendoza and get yr passport stamped.. its a 5-6 hours, one way ride.
Anyways drop me a line Ashli as I can try to get you into my son's private English/BiLingual school..
And Thomas, you too drop me a line my place is in Vistalba, very close to Chacras de Coria..
Cheers

Thomas

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ashli,
I think this is wonderful and hope your decision might me Mendoza as I will be moving there mid December. Having received my permanent Visa/citizenship, I am ready to make the move to Chacras de Coria, LujŠn de Cuyo, Mendoza where I own a house and there is going to be a strong need for Spanish instruction for me as I speak almost none....Thomas

Thomas

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ashli,

Thomas

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am sure that with many more posts such as the last 2 repeated ones I will not be welcomed in Argentina:-)

I was attempting to tell Riyad that I would write to him privately. Also, I had intended to share that once I had settled in Mendoza I would share my experience that I had last October driving across Argentina so that I could be with my wife's children on Mothers Day. There has been great discussion on bus travel and I for one loved the incredible experience driving it by car as I now really have an understanding of the geography of that part of Argentina....Thomas

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 291

Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ashli
the last time I paid it, 2 years ago, it was 100 pesos, about 33 dollars.
the boat ride to Uruguay is probably less.

Ben Ayling
Username: Mr_ben

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking at working a ski season as an instructor or ski patroler as i have done in Whistler. I've kinda been exploring since sept 05 from wimbledon London .

Visas temporary.... i have UK CAN and NZ passports, which would be best to use for work visa...contact argentinian embassy, or just keep it simple and use 6 months tourist visa and volunteer.

i just need to find an excuse to be on the slopes helping people teaching or rescue....just learn the language.

Ashli do you want to learn how to ski in exchange for ski lessons?

Ben Ayling

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't you just love google.....

www.languagesabroad.co.uk/argentina.html

A few pins in a map and the rest to work out as you travel :-)

Benco
Username: Benco

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please take into account that you are not allowed to work on a tourist card (transitory visa) - you can easily get the 3 months plus 3 months extension, but that's for tourists.

Still you might find an employer, and I know people who gave english lessons in language schools while on a tourist card - but keep in mind that this is not "in the white", i.e. illegal.

Getting a temporary visa (which allows you to work legally) is a long and tedious process, and hardly worth the effort when you plan to stay for only 6 months.

Ben Ayling

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I understand i may just come for a long visit, study the language and volunteer in Baliroche :-) thank you for the heads up Benco

Miguel cervantes
Username: Spanishschools

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hello, i just came across a cool page for people looking for spanish language schools in argentina. for people who want to learn spanish at a on of their spanish language schools in argentina, they offer big discounts. The page is
http://www.spanish-schools.com.ar

(Message edited by admin on December 21, 2007)

Ana
Username: Magdalena

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I am wondering about needing proof of departure when entering Argentina from an international flight. I am a US citizen and will be working as an English teacher in Buenos Aires for 6 months to 1 year. I was told by the company that is certifying me as a teacher that I would need proof of departure in order to get a tourist visa. However, the state dept website doesn't say that you need proof of departure. I currently have a one way plane ticket and don't want to buy a ticket home yet. What is the actual rule with proof of departure and a 90 day tourist visa?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration