Facelift and employment in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Facelift and employment in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jean lukes
Username: Jean_lukes

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I want to have a facelift and understand that plastic surgeries are relatively inexpensive in Argentina.... and I was thinking I might stay and live there awhile... are there jobs for Americans with no Spanish speaking abilities? I'm a fast study, but... I could teach English to those who want to learn English, couldn't I? If anyone has any firsthand knowledge of costs of facelifts and a recommendation to a physician, please let me know... thank you!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 701
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are many locals that teach english as a second language as well as private institutes. And although a native will always be a better choice you may face some competition, so I would not rely on this too much.

I wouldn't know about facelifts and such... Hopefully someone may chime in.

Tom Woodson
Intermediate Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 172

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The pay of english teachers in Argentina is not much. You will not be able to live on it unless you have some source of other income or savings.

Buenos Aires is becoming well know as a great place to have plastic surgery.

Yahoo web search with key words "plastic surgery, buenos aires,
argentina"
gave a host of sites including this one
http://www.plasticsurgeryargentina.com/

Good luck

Brenda Irving
Username: Downtheyfall

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had plastic surgery last year in Argentina, thru private physicians, not an agency, all i can say is wonderful, great, and i am planning on doing it again this year. I went by myslef a female, never been out of the US before. I made all the arrangements, reservations, myself, without a hitch...had a great time, and am going back this year for more. Met many people that went thru an agency, and i'm glad i didn't do it that way the horror stories made me really feel bad for them . I will be glad to answer what questions i can for you just contact me. downtheyfall@yahoo.com

Devvon L. Woods
Username: Devvonw77

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brenda, I am thinking of having plastic surgery in BA as well. However I am trying to decide if I should go through one of the agencies like plenitas or gosculptura or if I should just find surgeon of my own. Who did you see and what do you reccomend? What was the cost?

Devvon

Jude OHara
Username: Jude1971

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Devvon

Yes, I have a dossier of information on Plenitas & other Medical Tourism companies gathered from many ex patients and it was one of the things that led us to set up a non profit charity organisation to help others not to have to go through things that our team members & ex patients have already gone through.

(Message edited by admin on January 22, 2007)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 956
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am not sure why there is a need of posting the same message in 6 different topics abusing the good will of members who requested getting alerts for important information. This is a quick path to getting banned unless someone can elighten me.

Jude, no offense but I am afraid I had to delete some of your self-promotional response as I don't see how it answers any of Devvon's questions.

Max Kirsch
Username: Max

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Beware-- this appears to be a scam. Her English is not that good, and her information is tuned to appeal to Americans, but is faulty. I'd ignore her to be safe....

Jude OHara

Post Number: 12

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Max, itīs well known that unethical surgeons give back handers to former patients to pimp clients for them.

It reeks of that to me, but without having her bank account audited every month and her cash flow monitored I wouldnīt dare suggest something like that.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 962
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aside from "her story", this can give a chance to anyone from Plenitas to come here and dispute this information. Provided they ever read about it or someone points this out to them...

Max Kirsch
Username: Max

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just a short comment and I'll say no more about this particular contribution-- as a linguist I can tell you that her mistakes in English are those of a non-native speaker, specifically a spanish native speaker. Her descriptions of BA (as one who is living here) sound like those from a bad and unethical travel agency. In my opinion, she is obviously scamming for someone or something-- and I'll leave it at that. I'm not a huge fan of medical tourism, but I don't like to see innocent people taken advantage of.

Devvon L. Woods
Username: Devvonw77

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFORMATION AND SOUND WARNINGS. DOES ANYONE HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT COSMETIC SURGEONS THAT I CAN CONTACT AND RESEARCH IN BA?

Jude OHara

Post Number: 13

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Devvon,

Feel free to contact me offline, my contact details are on my profile. I have lots of information about Surgeons here and in Brazil and general guidelines to ensure your safety and optimum post surgery results.

Thanks

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 963
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Medical services which are high risk are always likely to split people (and practitioners) in 2 opposite camps but this forum is better used to exchange opinions -even strong ones- as opposed to make it a ground for personal attacks. If you still don't know what an opinion is compared to a personal attack do a little research to find out. There is a big difference between 'dissent' and 'aggraviation'. Max expressed his personal opinion, albeit annoying to the poster. Brenda went for the throat and missed the opportunity to prove him wrong.

In my book, insulting any member leads to a straight ban. I have deleted Brenda's offensive comments from the forum and locked her IP address but left her account open for a wait-and-see period of time. This could have been an informative thread but unfortunately it went south.

Jeanne Zella
Username: Jeanne

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Miss Brenda,

You have a lot of nerve calling anyone an idiot. Since everyone
is able to put their input into this forum, derogatory comments
about people or what you perceive to be wrong in your eyes, has
no place here.

(Message edited by admin on January 24, 2007)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 968
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

People, people... this is just a tiny little forum lost in the confines of the world wide web. Let's go back to our lives and come back when someone needs help or we have an important contribution to make. Brenda can't respond so it is not fair to bring this subject up again and again... I am closing this topic for good now.

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration