Archive through June 16, 2006 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Marketplace » Looking for partner » Archive through June 16, 2006 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi,

I'm a travel agent in China. Now, I have some clients to Argentina. Maybe we could set up cooperation relationship on this business. My email/MSN is Julia_yan1121@hotmail.com. If you are interested in it, please contact me as soon as possible.

Regards,
Julia

carlos
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Your partner in Misiones, near the heart of the Iguazu Falls.
My mail is CharlieChubbs@gmail.com, my site www.regiondelaselva.netfirms.com

(Message approved by admin)

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 33

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We will be associating with travel agents and tour companies in for Argentina soon to promote our developement.

Julia, Do you know any investors in China who would like to be invest in Argentina developments.

Hasta Luego
Tom

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 539
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, why don't you post some specifics please? I bet some people here are curious...

Your website -registered last month- doesn't say much and I couldn't locate any addresses for your offices. I was actually expecting some large HQ for a development company that will pour millions, if not hundreds of millions in construction down south. But wait -those may just be the people you are partnering with?

So then, who are your partners in the US, if I may? And could you show us some past work from your associates so that we can get a more precise picture of the goals/objectives in question? Have architectural shops been hired already? How about environmental studies to analyze the impact of such large endevour? And finally, are you looking for investors beyond the banks your group seemed to have secured already? And what exactly is your role?

So many questions... This will for sure help us help you.

In spite of all my efforts, you still remain the mystery man.

Tom Woodson

Post Number: 34

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Be not concerned Amigo.
There is no mystery.
There is however a degree of caution for business reasons.

In the financing stages of a developement it is normal for one to sign a confidentiality and non competition agreement before most of the information you seek is divulged.
At a certain time in the process it is no longer necessary to be discreet. We are not at that point as of this date.

But a serious investor can either provide that agreement or we can send them one to sign. A potential buyer of the property will deal with our real estate lawyer. Any investment or purchase money would be put into an interest bearing trust account with conditions pursuant to law.

We have an architect, a lawyer, a real estate agent, a hunting outfitter, and a national health care company executive in the partnership. Two of the partners live in the US and three in Argentina.

Why would you expect a large HQ for a start up company.
The millions if not hundreds of millions will come from purchasers, lendors and investors.

We are serious legitimate businessmen who are working on a very interesting lucrative project which will benfit a lot of people including a whole bunch of Argentine citizens. We are planning a developement that will not dump its sewage into water ways or the ground. We are planning an electric generating plant that burns garbage and has environmental safeguards such as scrubbers and filters. Are project will be one to be proud of.

It is a win win situation for all concerned.

Hasta luego
Tom

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 541
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I now understand better (I think).

You are looking for both investors that will be part of the project as well as retail users who may purchase lots or whatever you sell and that will help finance the project too, almost like preconstruction deals. I guess all you guys own so far is the land and the preliminary project (permits, etc).

Tom Woodson

Post Number: 35

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The situation is it is better to have investors who have a stake in building something very good for a fair return on their investment vs lendors. We have dealt with lendors in the first instance but would like to see investors help us carry the project forward.

By locking the return on investment to the selling of the specific type property that we will push with a very aggressive marketing campaign, the investor has certainity and we have a quasi-partner who has a vested interest in selling those parcels.
It is much easier to come up with a figure on a base unit and sell it at a very reasonably(meaning less expensive)especially when one compares it to properties in similar projects in central and South America.

I know of a project like ours in Costa Rica selling their base properties at almost twice as much and their ocean front properties at astronomical amounts. Of the two countries the weather comparison favors Argentina especially since you do not have to live in fear of hurrincanes when your home is on or near the ocean.

Hasta Luego
Tom

Tom Woodson

Post Number: 36

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Our investment opportunity is as near being fully guarranteed as you can get short of a federally insured savings account which at todays rates would take about 30 years to double your money. We are doing our sales campaign in a way that it is designed to fully fund the return on investment in four years and even then if all 5000 of the 0-lot line home sites are not sold out we will, as stated in the investor agreement, pay at the end of the fourth year the full amount invested plus the promised return on investment. At the end of four years the investor has doubled his money and owns the home site given to him the day he made his investment.

We are pricing the return based on the NYSE average rate of return over the last year of 14% which would take about 4 years to double ones money. But the New York Stock Exchange does not guarrantee anything and you do not get a home site with your investment.

If you have an excellent stock broker and all things remain the same you can almost expect a good return. But not all stock brokers are excellent.

Land is something you can stand on, stocks are nice documents you can frame and hang on the wall. But that's just me.

hasta luego
Tom

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration