Buying Properties near Iguazu Falls Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Buying Properties near Iguazu Falls « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carlos Sebastian Cabrera
Username: Carlos_cabrera

Post Number: 21

Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

does anybody knows the price approximately of a acre of soil to build an hotel near or in Iguazu city?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 939
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carlos, no idea but we welcome your research. Post it here if you find any information. In the meantime, I found this page that has listed real estate agents in your state, perhaps you know some of them. And here are some relevant news from September 2006. Looks like there are 11 projects under way. Another piece of news

Arial
Username: Arial

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Carlos, I do hope that you will follow Roberto's suggestion and post the results of your research regarding Iguazu. I have posted elsewhere my decision to give up on the city that I love and am familiar with, Bariloche, because of the laws about foreigners owning real estate there, and so will return in March to buy a small home elsewhere. I really don't know where to look since so far, in Argentina, I am a "one-city woman" (Bariloche). I would so appreciate your input. Iguazu sounds interesting to me though just looking for a small place. And Roberto, thanks so much, once again, for your thoughtful input. Arial

Carlos Sebastian Cabrera

Post Number: 22

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, i have 2 properties near Puerto Iguazu, but i have a project to build similar in Iguazu, in this year its more expensive to make anything. when i buy my properties in the year 1989, the cost of an hect of soil its approximately $500 (argentinian Pesos), a U$s150 in dollars, now in my city its about $4000 or more a "lote", a 20x40mts2 of soil...
its incredible... near the city of Andresito, have places in sell, 200 has, with jungle and spaces near the city, but the cost its a bad factor...

Carlos Sebastian Cabrera

Post Number: 23

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

what is the laws about foreigners owning real estate?, here have people from others country who have real states... from Sweden, Italy and Poland.

Arial
Username: Arial

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carlos, there have been many postings on this forum about the areas of Argentina where foreigners are restricted from owning. My experience in Bariloche was very sad where we bought and then had to sell. I am not sure if there is a search capability on this forum but if you look you will find the details. If not, look in the logical places like living in Argentina or something. In a nutshell, foreigners are not allowed to own within so many kilometers from the Chile border. I have never been able to get a firm figure.

As far as I know, you are safe in Iguazu but I have no experience there. Just be careful. At least some real estate agents apparently will not tell you. Or perhaps they don't know. But the issue is the Chile border. It is an old law held over from the war, sometimes ignored by Buenos Aires, sometimes invoked by some new bureaucrat that wants to make points with Argentines who do not like foreigners buying up their real estate. Arial

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 944
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here are some of the threads Arial mentioned.

http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/20/1347.ht ml

http://www.travelsur.net/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?t pc=20&post=1811#POST1811

John Beecroft
Username: Beaky

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi - if you buy a plot of land how easy is it to get planning permission to build a house on it? Or is land already sold with building permission? Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration