Puerto Iguazu - What else apart from ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Puerto Iguazu - What else apart from the Park « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Dawson
Username: James_d

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto and anyone else

Hi

You mentioned on a previous posts that you thought 3 nights was enough time in Iguazu. Apart from the park is there much to do in the town or surrounding area?

And lastly do you know what the best website is to get info on a bus from Puerto Iguazu to Salta. Thanks again

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 598
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The 'Retiro Bus Terminal' -our equivalent to NY's Port Authority- has a website where you can find all bus companies, schedules and phone numbers. When I try to locate companies doing inland destinations such as Iguazu-Salta I look up for each destination and come up with a list of companies that match both. Their website only shows routes starting or ending in Buenos Aires. In the past, I found that "AndesMar" does this route.

Type in 'Salta' and then try 'Iguazu'.
http://www.tebasa.com.ar/paginas/buscador.html

The park may take most of your time depending on what you chose to do. You can walk the trails but you can also ride the rubber boat on a different day. From Iguazu, you can also visit San Ignacio ruins or Wanda mines. You could do many more things and stay more days but for the falls, I think 3 days is better than 2 because of the schedules of the tours...

James Dawson
Username: James_d

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto

Thank you once again.

James

Carlos Sebastian Cabrera
Username: Carlos_cabrera

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi to everybody, my name is Carlos Cabrera , i live near the iguassu falls, 30 km ahead, in a little city called Wanda, most knowed by thew mines of precious Stones, but not the only thing we have to known. if anybody want moree info, have a lot of photos and tourist information. thanks .

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 77

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto
You mentioned Retiro bus terminal being your equivelant to the NY Port Authority. Actually it is like the Port Authroity Bus Terminal. The NY Port Authority is a government entity that manages all of the aiports, subways, shipping facilities, the Staten Island Ferry, bridges, land around the port of the city on NY and New Jersey and train lines heading into the city. They have their own very large police force that is separate from the NYC police.
The Port Authority Bus Terminal is the world's busiest bus terminal in the heart of New York City, the Port Authority Bus Terminal is the region's primary ground transportation facility, and the largest bus terminal in the United States.

Isn't there a train station at Retiro also?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 611
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, that is what I meant. Thank you.

I used to take the buses to travel to and from New Jersey (Great Teaneck). My uncle had a fabrics/apparel shop just a few blocks from the Bus Terminal... Interesting place, like everything in NYC.

Retiro was originally a train station ONLY. The Bus terminal was built many decades later. I remember taking buses from Constitucion when I was young, not Retiro.

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 79

Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ride the buses quite often in Argentina.
There are some very nice ones but you have to know which ones to take. The Chevillier's I have ridden in were less spacious.
The Rapido was also the first couple of buses I rode on but than I got one from Penamar to Buenos Aires and it was one of the best yet.
Nandu del Sur has comfortable ones.
It is not like using the ones here in the states. It has been years since I have rode on one here but they do not appear to have changed. You have to sleep upright on these.

Hasta Luego
Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration