Bahia Blanca Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Bahia Blanca « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Gisborn
Username: Bgisborn

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I subscribe to Clarin and watch Telefe International (TEFI) so I'm fairly current about Argentina news. However, the only thing I know about Bahia Blanca is that it has excellent Basketball players. I never see any news from Bahia Blanca-good or bad. The travel books simply say that the hotels there cater primarily to the business community. Considering it is a large city and has a very large and important port, I wonder why we don't hear more about it. Anyone familiar with this city-aside from Basketball and Soccer?

Bob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 61

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have visited Bahia Blanca on several occasions.
It is a city that has a couple of universities. One is a school that specializes in computer studies.
They have an excellent cigar shop a couple of blocks from the city center square and a Walmart super store and a north American style mall.
I am told there are no beaches near the city.
Also that one of the deadliest snakes in the world can be found in the area. Maybe one reason tourists don't go there. I believe it is the Fer de lance but it is not called that by Argentines. It is quite swampy near the water and not so tourist friendly.
It is a very important large seaport city and that's about it.
The people are typically Argentine friendly.
Hasta Luego
Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration