Salta vs. Mendoza Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Salta vs. Mendoza « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liesl
Username: Liesl

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey,

i'm travelling to Argentina this year for about 9 months. I want to settle myself at 1 place and explore the rest of the country from that base. But now i'm doubting about which place i'm gonna choose. Salta or Mendoza?
What should be the best place for a 23 ys old european girl who likes: music, culture, nature, architecture, sports, history,..? And which of those 2 places is the cheapest to live in?

I hope you can help me on this difficult issue.

Btw what's the difference in weather?

Dank je!

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Liesl
I do not know that much aabout Salta or Medoza other than what I have read about. Mendoza is famous four its vineyards. Great tasting Cabernet Savignone comes from that area as well as other types of vino.

I love Buenos Aires and the province. I never seem to get past them. I will someday the good Lord willing. When will you be in Argentina. I know a family that has had some foreign students come stay at their estancia. It is country life. Plenty of exciting things to do but a trip to town is a smaller version of the cities of Argentina. Pique is about 26000 and Coronel Suarez is about 45000. There is a lot of polo played in Coronel Suarez, it is called the polo capital of the world by the locals. A hint, it doesn't have a major soccer field but it has several major polo grounds.

Good luck with your travels

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Lies and Tom
I am mucho surprised with you having a difficulty chosing between the best place to live in Argentina (Mendoza) and Salta..
I like Salta as a get away for a long weekend, but compared to Mendoza, it doesnt offer no where near as much culture as there is in Mendoza. Plus there are the vineyeards here of French, Italian origins, the best wines on the planet. Also the Andes mountains (skiing) and the rivers (rafting and fishing) great weather, and last but not least the Quinta Anabtawi.
Also Mendoza has the best of both : The big city and the rural small town.
Riyad

Liesl
Username: Liesl

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Tom!

And what a quick answer!

Well, i'm gonna leave home at october, 9th and i'm planning to stay there 'till the end of may... if everything is going well over there offcourse. The main goal for me is learning the argentinian way of life and their language. Hope that this won't be a naive dream.
What about that family? Where do they live? And do you think they are still interested in hosting one of that kind?

Feel free to mail me at prieelke@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you again.

Take care!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration