To early to raft in mendoza in oct? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » To early to raft in mendoza in oct? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Toni Williamson
Username: Toni

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

First let me thank you for all your wonderful information...!

we will be taking our first trip to Argentina and Peru in Oct and so far this is whats planned

4 nights in BA
2 nights in Iguazu
3 nights in Mendoza
1 night in lima
2 nights in cusco
1 night in machu picchu
1 night in cusco
lima and home

question....does our itinerary look OK? and will it be to early to raft in mendoza?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Toni, I will find out about Mendoza tomorrow but a quick short look at your schedule tells me:

> 1 night in machu picchu.
You mean in the ruins? Last time I visited Machu Pichu you could NOT stay in the city ruins (although I heard some fellows got away with it). Or perhaps, this is in "Aguas Calientes", at the valley?

Also, you do not mention anything about the Inca Trail. Are you guys NOT going to do this? If you and your party are averagely fit, walking the Inca trail is a MUST. Can take up to 3 days though.

Not much to see in Lima, I would spend a LOT more time in Cuzco. It is wonderful and has great "ambience", whatever that means. Mucho cool...

BA ok
Iguazu ok
Mendoza ok.

(Message edited by admin on May 08, 2006)

Toni Williamson
Username: Toni

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From what I understand there are 2 hotels in what I thought was machu picchu. The "Sanctuary" and another one whose name escapes me. Maybe I misunderstood and the hotels are in agaucalientes?? That's probably the case....?

The only reason that we will overnight in Lima is because the flight to agua calientes from lima (from what I understand)leaves early and there is only 1 flight in the morning which we would miss because we are flying in from mendoza that day.

Will it be to cold to raft in mendoza...?

Thanks so much Robert!!!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 431
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are you referring to this one?

Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
Machu Picchu, Cuzco (Cusco), Peru
Tel: +51 84 21 1039/38

Looks like this is in Cuzco.

--
I will find out tomorrow about Mendoza.

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rafting in October in Mendoza is perfect, weather is great and infact there is rafting all year round.
Prices range from $70 pesos for the 12km ride (minimum) to $150 pesos for the 44km ride(maximum)
There is also rafting at night when there is full moon starting November onwards. Dont have the price for that yet.
My source was Rios Andinos (+54261) 4295030
Hope that helps
Cheers
Riyad

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Riyad,
Let me start by saying that you site is full of useful information and set up well...good to see!

Next, I'm coming to Mendoza in a week or so and looking for a place, can you give me some good information on renting a place, either from an individual or company, I would like to stay a while (more than a month) and can pay up to 300.00 a month for a room...is that exceptable?

Do you know anyone personally that might rent a room out etc..Right now I'm staying in Alto Palermo and looking to leave the city. I would much rather enjoy a view of High Rise Mountains instead of High Rise buildings...I miss the outdoors.

Thanks
Larry

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 840
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larry, you can follow up on your Mendoza inquiry here. I have little information on this.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration