A Week in Argentina? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » A Week in Argentina? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a week's worth of vacation time at the end of May, from May 26 through June 2. I'm thinking of traveling to Buenos Aires (I live in Houston). Is a week sufficient time to see Buenos Aires and some of the things around it? Would it be wiser to wait till I have more time to see more, or is a week good enough? Can you give me any tips on things to see or do? Gracias!

Roderick Chapman
Username: Roderick

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mike,

When I went to BA in January, I spent 8 days. It is a beautiful city and I saw lots in 8 days but with the travel time it was kinda busy. I am going to go back again this year, but this time spend more time because of travel time.
If you are only going to spend time in BA you can see alot of the city in one week, but if you are planning to go out of the city anywhere one week may be to short.

Cheers!!!!

Kathi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are also going to BA in November '06. We only have a week (actually 10 days) We are thinking of retiring there, this is a scouting trip. Was wondering if we would be better staying in Bed & Breakfast to get a real feel. What do you think? Any recommendations. My husband and I are in our 50's and love city life and exploring, so going everywhere on foot/subway/train/bus is not a problem.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 407
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kathi, I am not in your shoes so my suggestion may not be proper but to get a real feel as a 'local' perhaps you should consider renting an apartment for the time of your stay...

Then, you will have to get the groceries, buy newspapers and, in general, handle life as you might be doing down the road. This may also force you to come into contact with locals in situations you otherwise would not.

My personal feeling is that you will get the real feel no matter what you do, as long as you are out there enjoying the city.

Laura Zurro
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kathi, I would also recommend you rent an apartment. There are many in all areas of the city and in all price ranges. We came to BA three times to prepare for our relocation and each time we rented an apartment. The first time was in Palermo Hollywood which is more trendy but it was near the subte and the tba train so it was great. The second time was in Palermo Botanico near all of the parks, that was a great location as well. And the third time was in Las Canitas which was nice but a bit far from everything we needed, but at that time we decided at the last minute to change our trip so we had to grab any apartment that was available and it was one of the apartments that our friend manages so we went for that.

if you have any questions about anything regarding the moving process feel free to email me. We've been settling in for about a month now and haven't regretted the decision one bit.

Laura

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration