Hotel/area to stay in BA Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Hotel/area to stay in BA « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex Golant
Username: Alexgolant

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

any recommendations on this?

my wife and I are in our late 20's/early 30's.

hear good things about Palermo neighborhood.

any other suggestions for an area of BA to stay or a specific hotel?

thanks.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Alex, a lot depends on your budget. If you have alloted enough given your age range Palermo may be a perfect fit. Problem is that Palermo may have a few areas that are trendy and more expensive. Hotels in Palermo Soho, Hollywood, etc. could be boutique ones that charge a premium. It might be worth if you can afford it.

Bear in mind that traditional Palermo, Plaza San Martin, Barrio Norte and Recoleta are very close to each other. I'd say 15 minutes drive in non-rush hours. So it may not matter much. For a fair price, I would look into traditional Palermo and none of the newer and more sophisticated areas (which are also the ones that are further away). The part of Palermo neighboring Barrio Norte.

Fergus
Username: Fergus

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Last time I was in BsAs I stayed at the Moreno. Loved the big rooms and the service.

http://www.morenobuenosaires.com

(Message edited by admin on November 08, 2010)

Carlos Gelbart
Username: Buellwinkle

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Palermo is more residential and there's the zoo, but there's more action in Recoleta and Bario Norte. We stayed at the Howard Johnson's in Recoleta and it was very nice, quiet street and costs about $135 USD. We then stayed at the heart of Bario Norte at the Wilton Hotel, not as nice but certainly acceptable and good traditional Argentine breakfast for about $67 USD. Both had english speaking staff which was important to my wife. From either hotel, you can be at the heart of Recoleta with just a short 10 minute walk.

If money is no object, and that's a phrase that's easier to say than to do, stay at the Alvear Palace, you will not be dissapointed.

If you like new & modern city, stay in Puerto Madero neighborhood. Very modern high rise condos. The hotel that comes to mind is the Hilton, but I'm sure there's others. This is directly across the river from downtown (Florida St.) so you are still close to things. If you like a more lively area, Florida St is very hectic and busy, too busy for older folks like me, but you may like it.

Keith Mangan
Username: Kreation

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Have a look at Rooneys Boutique
http://www.rooneysboutiquehotel.com

Several friends and family of mine have stayed there and enjoyed it.

I met the owner a few times when I was living in BA and always try to push his place when the chance turns up.They have loads of extra bits going on there and can give you the personal touch.Info on shows,tours etc.The owner is Irish and his wife Argentine so English is no problem

Like i said I've had my closest friends stay there.

Best of luck

(Message edited by admin on November 10, 2010)

silviaelena
Username: Silviaelena

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello my name is Silvia I am the owner of two apartments that I rent and equipped, full amonblados for people coming from abroad and want to be very comfortable living in Buenos Aires My apartments are in the neighborhood of Palermo and have all the amenities of a grand hotel very cheap prices
See your stay in Buenos Aires just write to: silviaelena32@yahoo.com.ar

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And if you have time, check the Buenos Aires hotels list.

pamela
Username: Pougal

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I rented an apartment in Recoleta...it was gorgeous and came w/ internet /free long distance, and 2 local cell phones....the fellow we met with for the rental was extermely helpful and very cool...AND it was less than 150.00 a night! ITS VRBO listing 254063 in BA...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration