Suggestions on itinerary Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Suggestions on itinerary « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kenneth Smith
Username: Ken

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all,
I've enjoyed reading all the posts here. Props to Roberto for tirelessly answering questions. I was hoping you all could help me with my trip in March.
Mar 3 arrive BA
Mar 7 fly to Iguazu, 2 nights
Mar 9 fly to Mendoza 4 days,
Mar 13 fly to Bariloche 4 days
Mar 17 fly back to BA
Mar 18&19 visit Rosario via train or bus
Mar 20-23 ferry to Colonia, bus to Montevideo, and Punta del este
Mar 24 Leave for Home
Erna from Travelsur said the Uruguay jaunt wasn't realistic timewise(would spend much time on the bus). Any suggestions?
1 should I cut days elswhere to make time for Uruguay? How is Rosario?
2 Should I cut Uruguay and make for time in BA, Mendoza, or Bariloche?
3 I love to flyfish, so I'm bringing flyrod(more days in Mendoza or Bariloche?)

Any suggestions are greatly needed and appreciated. I've read Lonely Planet and Rough Guide, but this forum has great opinions posted.
PLease help!
Cheers ,
Ken

F. Harrington
Username: Tarheel

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ken: If I loved to fly fish, I would cut one day out of Mendoza, spend it in Bariloche. Unless you love the city, BA is a big city and I don't care for them. If you're going to party, then BA is worth it. I would spend more time in Argentina and cut out Uruguay. That's my spill for you.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 330
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FH provided you with some great advice.

Your trip seems a little *unfocused*. Although Rosario is an attractive destination it really doesn't fit in your itinerary. If flyfishing or even outdoors is your thing then, less Uruguay and more Bariloche may be a good idea, as suggested.

Before ruling out Mendoza explore it in depth. Mendoza also offers nice flyfishing locations as well as great outdoors. The only prob I see with your objectives is the time frame. By March you are just a little late for flyfishing in Patagonia... Have you checked when the season ends for different locations?

You would still have to visit Colonia/Punta del este some day. They are worth it, but again, somewhat out of tune here.

Kenneth Smith
Username: Ken

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for you input. Flyfishing will be a very small part of my trip, 1-2 days. I just thought I would do it while I was down there. This is by no means a fishing trip or even an outdoors trip. I live too close to Alaska to do that. My itinerary is attempting to see the different areas of Argentina in a kinda circular 3 week period. The Lonely Planet Guide book claims that Rosario is many travelers favorite city. It is a close bus ride to BA which is why it is on the list.

I'm not ruling out Mendoza, I was curious if was worth more days with my given time period.

Thanks again, adios!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration