Mar Del Plata August 2010 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Mar Del Plata August 2010 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Avril Thomas
Username: Avril

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Traveling to Mar Del Playa on August 5, 2010. What is the weather like? How should we dress?

Our first time to Argentina, we plan to travel to the falls for 2 days before going to Mar Del Playa (in Mar Del Playa for 1 week on a timeshare) and 2 days in Buenos Aries after trip.

What are my travel options between the falls from Buenos Aries and Mar Del Playa? We want to experience as much of Argentina as we can.

There is so much to learn and see. Any recommendations?

We are avid golfers, where is the best place to golf? Food?

Thanks

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Avril and welcome to the forum.

I assume you mean Mar del Plata :-) I live in Mar del Plata, so feel free to ask whatever questions you like.

There are no shortage of golf courses, so that is one question answered.

With regard to the weather, it can be cold (not freezing)and usually the sky is blue. Last August we had very little rain and were still able to eat outside, as long as you had a warm jacket on.

With regard to getting from Iguazu to Mar del Plata, you have to go via Buenos Aires whichever transport you use.

Where is your timeshare?

Regards
Michelle

www.mardelplatanews.com

Avril Thomas

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I apologize for the poor spelling. Thank you, thank you for responding. My timeshare is La Serranita Natural Resort. Anywhere you recommend visiting in Mar del Plata or Buenos Aries? How do we get around? Should we rent a car or is public transportation available?

Is enjoying the beach out of the question? I'm hoping it is not freezing as it does in the US.

How is this resort? What is the most economical way to get to Mar del Plata from Buenos Aries and from Buenos Aries to the falls?

Where do you recommend eating? Like authentic food. We enjoy eating where the people who live in that country eat?

I have sooo many questions because I am sooo EXCITED. Will do some more research before asking a them.

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Avril,

Don't worry about the questions, many of which you will find the answers to on my http://www.mardelplatanews.com website.

Getting from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata is normally done by luxury coaches, which take about 5 hours and cost at the moment 100 pesos per person one way. I know that these coaches are non-stop, hence you will have to get another bus to the resort, which is 24 kms outside Mar del Plata.

Although the resort is only about 30-40 minutes by bus from the city, you might consider hiring a car for the week and driving down from Buenos Aires. I have to say that car hire is not cheap. The bus from Mar del Plata to Sierra de Los Padres (near the resort - some 20kms) costs about 3 pesos each (under a dollar)a taxi will cost about 10 dollars. So you can compare this against car hire.

With regard to getting from BsAs to the falls, it depends on the amount of time you have. If you are short of time, then you need to travel by plane. If you have time, you can take the long distance coach, but this takes around 30 hours each way!

I look forward to more questions.

Regards
Michelle

(Message edited by admin on March 02, 2010)

Avril Thomas

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Should I purchase an Air pass so that I can fly between the BA, the falls and Mar Del Plata? Thanks

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From what I have read,it is better to purchase an Air pass as you can get some very good deals outside Argentina.

Carlos Gelbart
Username: Buellwinkle

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looked at the air pass and it does not look like a great deal. For example, flying to Ushuaia which has to be at least 1,000 miles each way and the air pass was more expensive. Maybe short flights are worth it.

It's best to fly as a local. Get a fake DNI card and travel at half price. Do they sell these at the airport? Only kidding!

Fergus
Username: Fergus

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The cheapest internal flights for me have been the ones bought on the same ticket as my international flight. Eg Sydney-BsAs return, adding return flights to Salta or Jujuy adds almost nothing to the ticket cost.

For Mar del Plata I'd check to see of Sol Lineas fly there from BsAs. Faster than the bus and not much dearer.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration