What to wear Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » What to wear « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carol du Plessis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please suggest the type of clothing to pack for a trip in March to BA, the falls, lake district and Comodoro.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 323
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carol, you will basically be all over the place. Iguazu will be warm but not hot, Buenos Aires will be just fine with some hot days and some colder days, the Bariloche area and Comodoro are likely to be chilly if not cold. The average temperature in Comodoro during May is 60F but can get as low as 52F. The average for Bariloche is about 52F but can drop up to 40F.

Sorin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto,

Same question about weather in southern Argentina for end March please. I'm not concerned about Iguazu or BUE, but for El Calafate and USH it's a completely different story, isn't it ? Any hints ?

Sorin
Romania

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 341
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, it is a different story. You can expect the following temperatures by end of March:

Calafate: 45/50F but it can go as low as 38/40.
Ushuaia: 40/46 F and can get as low as 35/38.

You can check current weather conditions for Ushuaia on this page.

Sorin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Roberto. Chilly in deed at 35F(2C) !

What I still want to know (and long term forecasts aren't mentioning this), are these temperatures coming together with foggy atmosphere / cloudy sky, or a cold weather might be with sunny days. I'm reffering on particular conditions for USH.

(off the record, you've wrote somewhere on the forum you're at your 40-ies and live in Miami, but your mother Erna is running the business in BUE. Then she's at least in her 60-ies, or even more ? This is actually a compliment to her since she's running a turism agency business at an age when normally people ar getting retired)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 342
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorin, this is a long shot since I am not really familiar with Ushuaia. I understand days are bright and clear meaning that -like Bariloche perhaps- there is a lot of sun. I also understand that weather is not that bad because Usuahia's proximity to water (it's on the coast) and its enclosure between mountains temper the cold temperatures. The only thing you should keep in mind is that days shorten really fast as you get closer to winter (starts on June). Summer days are 18 hours long whereas winter days are only 7 to 8 hours long. As days shorten, there will be a lot less sun to warm things up.

Erna will be 76 next April but she is as young as it gets. We've been trying to get her to retire. She belongs to that group of seniors who doesn't want to...

(Message edited by admin on February 25, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration