Trying to figure out the best way to ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Trying to figure out the best way to get around « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrissy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

First Roberto I just want to say that I think you are an enormous help to those of us that can't find what we are looking for in guide books. Secondly, I had written you awhile back about going to Ushuaia and how to get there cheaply but basically my friend and I have completely changed our minds about that, just wanted to mention it so you could maybe place me.

Here is our plan now, Buenos Aires to Ignazu to Cordoba to Mendoza to Bariloche to Puerto Madryn and back to Buenos Aires in just under 3 weeks. Now here's the thing, lots of places little time so we were thinking about flying to all the cities, with some research and asking erna we discovered that flying the whole time would be in the neighborhood of $1000. my question is would it be feasible to take the bus for any of these routes. The most expensive flight is from Mendoza to Bariloche at $234 (one way) but I know the bus trip is like 18 hours! I also know the bus trip between B.A. and Cordoba and Cordoba and Mendoza is not to bad but it wouldn't save us that much money because the flight is so cheap. What do you think should we just save up and pay for all these flights are should we just take the time to get to some of the cities?

Thanks so much!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 306
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Travelers change their mind all the time, don't worry :-)

Chrissy, your problem is that Argentina lacks the US transport infraestructure. There are no ways around this. The Mendoza-Bariloche leg may be really worth pursuing for two things: it will be gorgeous to get there during daylight and you will save quite a bit. I just checked and the price for the 17 hour trip is at usd $ 40 with Andesmar.

In a trip of 3 weeks, you can probably spend one night traveling on a coach without a problem. Why don't you contact Erna to see if you can save some by doing Bue-Igu-Cor-Bue-Mendoza / Bari-Trelew-Bue by plane and leave out the leg Mendoza-Bariloche for bus?

Other than this I am out of ideas...

kirsty Bowen
Username: Kirsty

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
we are planning 3 weeks in Argentina/Chile in November and are just trying to figure out how to best get about (where we can save and get night buses, where it's better to fly), book flights/buses and get a few tips

2 days Iguazu
1 day fly Iguazu - Mendoza (although a day's flight via BA..other ideas?)
3 day trip Mendoza to Santiago Chile...bus company?
5/6 days Temuco to P Montt and Bariloche (car and boat...crossing from P Montt to Bariloche?)
week in BA, Monte Video / Colonia

We'd also like to fit in either the glaciers in Calafate or Peninsual Valdés....what would you recommend? Also would you recommend doing the trip a different way in order to minimise flying time? We need to start in Iguazu and end in BA.
And what do you think about the Temuco - Bariloche route? We were recommended 6 days for this but perhaps the glaciers / peninsula are more interesting?

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration