Cordoba Province Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Cordoba Province « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard cooperman
Username: Eroica38

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This December I will be making my third trip to Argentina. We will be spending time in Mendoza and BA. A visit to Cordoba Province for a few days has been recommended. Any suggestions as to what to see and do in Cordoba? Towns? Hotels? Estancias? All help greatly appreciated.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is simply a lot to do in Cordoba. It is probably the most diverse and interesting province in Argentina, one of my favorites. I would focus entirely on the western part of the province. South (west) of the city you should travel to Alta Gracia, Villa gral Belgrano, La cumbrecita, Villa Alpina and the dams nearby. Some of these places have been known to hold german refugees from WWII whereas other smaller towns have been settlements for europeans. Think of this part of the trip as your first leg south.

Straight to the west of the city of Cordoba there is Villa Carlos Paz, a well known resort area with plenty of outdoors activity. You may want to stay here a couple of nights and make it your beach head before heading north where you can start your second leg. North of Villa Carlos Paz there is an extensive corridor that goes through many smaller towns like (Dique San Roque), Cosquin, La Falda, La Cumbre to end up at Capilla del Monte. These towns, specially Cosquin are very culturally oriented, have a lot of flavor and are ground zero for national folklore music. Then, there is the city of Cordoba itself which is rich in history, museums and cultural activity.

I am not sure about the usefulness of trying to stay in an Estancia. This section of Cordoba has plenty of tourism infraestructure that has been developed mostly for local visitors and it won't take too much effort to find something within your likes that is not exhorbitant in price. I tend to think the Estancias cater to foreigners and charge a premium. But if this is what you have in mind I will do some research.

Sheridan C
Username: Sheridanusa

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been living in Cordoba for over a year noe. You might review the article on Cordoba, Argentina in Wikipedia. It has a good summary of the city. The previous comments are also good. I would not miss the Capuchins church -- it is incredibly beautiful and the the cities in the mountains to the west of Cordoba.\
Cordoba is a seductive place to visit...many people come from a distance and never leave...I did.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration