Entering Brasil from Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Entering Brasil from Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ashur
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi. My friend and I are both U.S. citizens from Los Angeles and we want to travel to Buenos Aires between Dec-Jan. We also want to visit Brasil for more than one day and we know that we need a Visa to enter Brasil directly. The problem is it takes a long time in L.A. to get a Brasil visa.

We were wondering if Buenos Aires or Argentina or Brasil offer any kind of Visa or permit (or ANYTHING) to enter Brasil LEGALLY from Argentina? And if so, at what points of the border would it be best to enter?

If there is no legal way, what are the only other possible options and have people (or U.S. citizens specifically) gotten into trouble for doing them?

Thank you very much for your help.

(P.S. I am fluent in Spanish and we are both fluent in Portugues if it would help us in this matter at all)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 257
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Ashur, given the current climate in latinamerica -where as you know many countries now have leftish governments which are less friendly to the US- we recommend you follow your original procedure. We know of no other way for entering Brazil and we discourage any *alternatives* that maybe floating around.

You can successfully get a visa for Brazil while in Buenos Aires. The latest we heard of is that it takes about a week. But to make sure I would either call or email the General Consulate in Buenos Aires. They are pretty accesible. Here is their website with email address and physical address/phone numbers:

http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/index.php

Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration