Domestic flights Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Domestic flights « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Demiurg
Username: Demiurg

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What to book tickets for domestic flights ? Is there an online service &
I've heard that there are some deals on multiple destinations, but I could not find any precise information.

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 24

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try www.lan.com, personally I think this is the best airline in Argentina (although of Chilean origin)

Good luck,

Jan

Massave
Username: Massave

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Demiurg
You do not need to pay a website to find out this information.
There are a few options. As Jan stated, LAN Is the best. You will pay a little more (comapred to Aerolinas Argentinas) but it is worth it. Remeber as a foreigner you will also pay more for air travel. The industry subsidizes domestic travel for Argentines.

It can run you 200-400 for domestic trips depending on time of year. Another option is bus travel. Look into AndesMar, Tramat etc. They have their own websites. Bus travel in Argentina is really nice and a fraction of air travel cost.

Hope this helps and good luck

Cecilia Chaboudy
Username: Evaemiliano

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone:

I need some advice if possible from those of you who have been to Patagonia. My friend and I would like to spend 14 days. We will be departing from Houston, Texas and plan to fly to Buenos Aires. We would like to see El Cafalete~ Perito Moreno Glacier, Upsala & Onelli Glaciers, El Cafalete/El Chalten, Torres del Paine, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Puerto Madryn and of course anything in between that we might be able to fit into our travel schedule. My friend will not be able to do strenuous trekking, but loves bird watching, photography, the mountains and so forth. We have never been to Argentina. We would like to know if you recommend a travel agency, and if December 25-January 8 2010 is a good time to go. Also, is it more economical if we make our own arrangements, rather than using a travel agency? How would you go about arranging your trip if you wanted to see the above places and watch your bank account?

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions and advice.

Bruno
Username: Bbr

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Cecilia;

Flying
I clearly recommend to use LAN Argentina - they are a little bit more reliable then Aerolineas.

Places to go
El Calafate with a visit to (or even a walk on) the Perito Moreno are a must. Also a day trip by boat to the Upsala and Onelli glacier are highly recommended.

El ChaltÚn - again also a must if you like the mountains and there are several one day hikes in the area to see either the Fitz Roy or the Cerro Torre. There are several Estancias around El ChaltÚn where you could stay.

Ushuaia - Tierra del Fuego. There are several things to see - a day out on a boat on the Beagle Channel. The boats stop on the way several times to see birds, penguins and seals. A train ride in the national park "tierra del fuego" with the "tren fin del mundo" is a nice break of the daily hectic life.

We have spent once 4 days in El Calafate and the second time only two days. El ChaltÚn and Ushuaia are worth to spend 2-3 days - depending if you want hiking which I would recommend. We have done these trips by car - we flew down to El Calafate and rented there a car. If you drive to Ushuaia you need a special permit from the car rental agency to cross with a rental the border to Chile.

I cannot comment on Punta Arenas and the other places you mentioned but I am sure you will find someone else providing this information.

re: Travel Agent: I have made excellent experiences with http://www.aragonesesviajes.com - ask for Gabriel Santa Cruz.

regards

Bruno

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1937
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Adding to Bruno. At the time of the year you want to travel and considering the destinations, you must do this through an experienced travel agent. Specially if you are also planning to cross over Chile. Some of these things can probably be done by yourself like the day trip to/short stay at El Chalten. El Chalten has a tourist office where they can inform you about the different levels for the trekking routes, some paths are easy. For comparisons purposes, try Erna as well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration