Malaria at Iguazu falls Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Malaria at Iguazu falls « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laurie Clark Turnbull
Username: Llturnbull1981

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there

I´m getting conflicting opinions about whether or not I need to take malaria tablets (chloroquine) for Iguazu Falls. I´m there for two days maximum and it seems hardcore to have to take a five week course of pills (1 week before and 4 weeks after).

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Laurie

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Laurie,

I believe no one here has the authority or the foresight of what could happen during your short stay with an area which has reported cases of Malaria. Better safe than sorry !!!!

If you don't and get Malaria (hopefully not) then it's too late. Your call dear. I know what I would do... take the pills...be on the safe side.

Laurie Clark Turnbull
Username: Llturnbull1981

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cheers Michael.

You´re probably right - better safe than sorry. I´ve got Malarone as well but I want to keep them for Ecuador.

Better start munching those pills!

L

Keith Mangan
Username: Kreation

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
The Malaria course is worth it at the end of the day,there are two types, one thats makes you halucinate a little bit and the other leaves you fine.My wife laughed at me when I came to Argentina first as I took the course,but to be honest I felt better having done so.

At the moment there are concerns about Dengue and yellow fever in Argentina so a little shot for them may not be the worst idea either.

While it may be inconvienient to take the course its better than trying to cure it as the treatment to treat Malaria has been known to make people sterile..yikes.

Taking the course can leave your head at peace while you enjoy your trip.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration