Hi there...:-)... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Hi there...:-) « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sören Winther
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I´m planing a trip in januar, starting in BA. Does Anybody Knows about the possibilities to rent A motorbike, for a week or two??

Have fun..
Sören,, Denmark...

Administrator
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Rob Parker
Username: Rparker

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi - planning a trip to Argentina next January/Feb - about two weeks, one in BA, one in wine country. I'm interested in advice on good hotels (say in the $100 to $150 USD per night per couple) in BA and I'd like to get direct telephone and or e-mail for two hotels in Mendoza - Estancia Los Alamos, which I gather is nedar the city, and Chateau D'Acon. While in Mendoza, the guys (we'll be either 2 or 4 couples) would like to find guides for flyfishing - the only price I've seen, from a US outfitter/trip co-ordinator is $300 ISD per day, which is outrageous - I'm quite sure a locally contracted guide is going to be a quarter of that. |Any advice or info?
Many thanks

Rob Parker, Mexico

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 99

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like staying at Hotel Monumental on Junin street in Buenos Aires. The rooms are newly remodeled and the staff is very courteous.- It is in the Best Western hotel chain.
As far as the fishing guides I suspect it is like hunting in Argentina. Not cheap. For small game hunting it is U$A400 per day per hunter. These prices include lodging and meals. I would guess the fishing prices are similiar.
These businessmen deal with foreigners and charge foreign prices.
In any event, I doubt you will find a guide at a quarter of the price.
Good luck.

Riyad Anabtawi
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Rob. If you need a place to stay in Mendoza, check out my paradise in Lujan/Mendoza.
www.ranabtawi.com
Send me an e-mail if interested.

If you tell me exactly what you want : fly fishing, how many people, you know: everything. I can try to find a cheaper way to get there with a guide. Are you experienced in fly fishing and you just want to get somewhere to fly fish?
Cheers

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In addition to Tom's great advice and besides Riyad's top-of-the-line resort, you can explore the NH chain (NH Mendoza). Quite good I heard. Fly fishing in the Mendoza area can probably cost a bit less than places like Esquel. Front desk at the hotel will know all about it and you can compare notes with Riyad's valuable information.

NH Cordillera
Av. España 1324 Tel: 441-6464

More expensive, try
Park Hyatt Mendoza
Chile 1124 Tel: 441-1234

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration